Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1217lm8.jpg

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
could be, gorgon, could be...

293ekpf.jpg

There's one little but crucial difference though: Balaguer was willing to sacrifice unpopular public officials and congressmen to the public fury when the situation demanded it. It will get to snow in the Caribbean first before Leonel ever agrees to sacrifice his darling Felix Bautista.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
There's one little but crucial difference though: Balaguer was willing to sacrifice unpopular public officials and congressmen to the public fury when the situation demanded it. It will get to snow in the Caribbean first before Leonel ever agrees to sacrifice his darling Felix Bautista.

you mean the tailor turned multimillionaire politico?

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
NS, did you see the video of him bagging platanos in a bodega in Washington Heights?

Yeah, I felt amused and sad at the same time. I amused by the image, but sad that such a don nadie can get to be a legislator in this country. Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of some form of egalitarianism, but some things (like legislating, for example) are too delicate and can't just be simply left on the hands of random nobodies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yeah, I felt amused and sad at the same time. I amused by the image, but sad that such a don nadie can get to be a legislator in this country. Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of some form of egalitarianism, but some things (like legislating, for example) are too delicate and can't just be simply left on the hands of random nobodies.

we are kindred spirits. i believe that he should be able to make a suit for the guy who sells water coconuts, as well as the President. that is my idea of egalitarianism. egalitarianism does not mean that a guy who can barely spell "cat" should be on a country's legislature.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
This is hardly any surprise.

No matter how much of a scoundrel some think he is, fact is LF is the Bill Clinton of Dominican politics.

May 29, 2006

I hear it snows on Pico Duarte a few times a year.