CMC contact required

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Hi, does anyone have a contact email for the manager/chief at the CMC?
I have a friend here in the UK just finishing her medical degree and looking for a placement to come and help out for a few months next year.

Thanks

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To legally practice medicine in the DR your friend will have to go through a lot more here as well. She just cannot start practising medicine in the DR with her UK degree. Other threads on DR1 have addressed that issue. It is not as easy as one might think. As for volunteer work, that could be another story.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
as i said winde, 'to come and help out for a few months'
OK.
Keep in mind that CMC is a for profit venture. That may or may not be possible at CMC. Only they can tell about that. Please let us know what you find out about that opportunity.

There may be other organizations she can be put in contact with that are more suited to volunteer medical work, like the folks at the Monkey Jungle. I know an MD from the US that does volunteer there and he is poster on this forum.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Yes volunteering at MJ would be a good thing.
Also contact Mary Jo at the CMC. She probably can do some work "training" there assigned to another doctor or department. Mary Jo would know and it would be a good experience for her.

Bob K

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
What about a Cancer Hospital in SD?? Would that be of an interest?? There is a Doctor Schultz (Female) that see's me often, I'm sure she can assist your friend in many ways...

Do you want her number?? PM me if so

Anthony