Getting to sabana grande de boya from santiago

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
does anyone know if it s possible to get to Sabana Grande de Boya from Santiago by guagua and how? I m trying to do a bit of a round trip from Santiago, to SABANA grande de Boya, then after on to Sanchez and , to Rio san Juan and back to Santiago via Puerto Plata...I would like to do it with the guagua...not Caribe via highways, but via the backroads..

Leonardo Sanchez

Oct 7, 2013
Yes it is possible by Nagua, it will take you to the new highway of los Haitises and the view of the mountains is breathtaking

Feb 7, 2007
What are you going to do in that campo de mala muerte aka Sabana Grande de Boya?

Two options:
Option 1)
get to SD on Caribe Tours, then take a taxi to Gomex / Ovando, take a guagua to SGB from there (about 2 blocks north of Plaza Lama).
Option 2)
Get to Nagua/Samana, take the guagua that goes to SD through the new highway, tell the driver to let you off by Gonzalo, there MAY be some motoconchos waiting to take you to SGB for roughly 100 pesos.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you look at the maps that are available, you will notice that Sabana Grande de Boy? is out in the middle of nowhere.

You can get there from the North only by using the new, toll, highway, as is mentioned in Option 2 above.
From the South, you can go to Santo Domingo and then find buses to Monte Plata and from Monte Plate to SGB. That whole area was sugar lands at one time. I would imagine that they are pretty abandoned today and poverty kind of rampant.
From the West, you can go to Cotui from La Vega or San Francisco de Macoris, and then on to Cevicos, and from Cevicos to Sabana Grande de Boy?, obviously lots of buses and lots of moving around, but a pretty interesting experience.

Let us know what you do.

HB