Business idea - animal feed from local (not imported) sources

lpolonsky

Sep 2, 2009
Pilot program has been operational for about 4 months now. Customer base grew about 4 times during that period. Investment is needed to improve technological processes and productivity as well as amount of product produced monthly.

lpolonsky

Sep 2, 2009
It is mostly feed for cows during the milking process - local term "Lechero". However, we also produce feed for pigs (15 kilos and up, NOT for small piglets) and for calf. I personally have a 165 acre farm with 40 milk cows and been using new feed for the last 4 months since I have started the pilot. Overall we have an average increase in milk production at about 20%. Our price is somewhat better than the most of existing brands - we sell at 500 peso per sac, while most of local brands are going between 550 (pretty ****ty ones) to 675. (One sac = 100 pounds of feed).

I am not anxious to disclose too many details over such open podium as this one, so I'd prefer to keep most of the information for qualified listeners only. However, this is something very real and could be looked at, touched and one could interview the existing customers who've been using new feed for the last 2 - 4 months.

lpolonsky

Sep 2, 2009
Are you looking for potential investors or what?
Yes, exactly. It is somewhat a complex process and I need to perfect the production line. Currently I produce 400 sacs/per month, can't satisfy all existing demand, need to go to about 2,500 sacs/month.

ROJOBRAVO

Nov 12, 2015
I want to buy some of youre feed

Yes, exactly. It is somewhat a complex process and I need to perfect the production line. Currently I produce 400 sacs/per month, can't satisfy all existing demand, need to go to about 2,500 sacs/month.

Hey send me a message

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
You cannot receive or send PMs until you've been posting for awhile.  

Also of relevance may be the fact that the OP has only done 6 posts in 3 years and the likelyhood that he is still reading this is quite slim, I would assume.
Der Fish

Kevinfinca

Jan 18, 2017
Also of relevance may be the fact that the OP has only done 6 posts in 3 years and the likelyhood that he is still reading this is quite slim, I would assume.
Der Fish

Ah i understand, Yea well here is the rundown,i have saved some money and i am thinking about buying some farmland in monte cristi (for about 2m) i currently live in new york but i would like to live out in DR im from a very SMALL town over there in monte cristi..Anyways i would like to know what are the basic things i should sort out before moving out there. I work at an office here in NY but i would love to have a more active lifestyle. im up for purchasing about 20 cows. My grandfather taught me how it works back when i was like 12. But i need a guide.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
It is mostly feed for cows during the milking process - local term "Lechero". However, we also produce feed for pigs (15 kilos and up, NOT for small piglets) and for calf. I personally have a 165 acre farm with 40 milk cows and been using new feed for the last 4 months since I have started the pilot. Overall we have an average increase in milk production at about 20%. Our price is somewhat better than the most of existing brands - we sell at 500 peso per sac, while most of local brands are going between 550 (pretty ****ty ones) to 675. (One sac = 100 pounds of feed).

I am not anxious to disclose too many details over such open podium as this one, so I'd prefer to keep most of the information for qualified listeners only. However, this is something very real and could be looked at, touched and one could interview the existing customers who've been using new feed for the last 2 - 4 months.

Polonsky, do you sell on the NC?
PM please on both investiging and feed.