Moving from Paradise to Paraiso!

Antoine Richards

Oct 8, 2013
Saludos!

I've been aware of this forum for about two years now and I've decided it's time to take the plunge and join! I'm not really the internet forum "type" but this place is awesome so I'll give it a whirl :)

A little about myself:

I'm from Bermuda, a small island in the North Atlantic. I've been travelling to DR for about two years now. I spend most of my time on the North coast and I am actually moving to Cabarete by the end of the year!

My interests include; MOTORCYCLES (I am a former pro road racer ;)), learning Spanish, good food and drinks, DR culture and history, and I like a little Latin dance as well.

My aim in joining this forum is to make new friends, particularly in the POP-Sosua-Cab region, and to gain advice/insight on adapting to my new life in La Republica. I will also be sharing my experiences in DR to hopefully benefit first-time visitors, much like how you all have benefited me (and you didn't even know it! :cool:).

Now, as the consummate newbie, I have a dumb question... Is there any way for me to change my display name if I have it linked to my Facebook profile??

Cuidate mucho and thanks for having me!

Antoine

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Welcome. Cobraboy is a good contact here for motorcycles and the DR. I have been in Cabarete for 10 years full time.

Antoine Richards

Oct 8, 2013
@windeguy Yes I have followed Cobraboy's posts regarding motorcycles for some time - I'd like to get introduced!

@derfish Thank you very much for the invitation! However I am currently still in Bermuda and my move in date isn't until December. But, I look forward to you and the rest of the North Coasters soon!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
There is another member here from Bermuda named "Bermyboy," or something like that. He also lives on the north coast. Very cool guy...i think his real name is Kenan or Kean (something like that). He also has an uncle from Bermuda that also lives on the north coast.

Another Bermudian--now gone--named Dennis, was also from Bermuda and lived on the north coast.

I spent many summers in Bermuda--particularly in St. George--i hung out a lot at the White Horse; i also spent a lot of time in Somerset--i got an ex-girlfriend from there that still lives there and teaches: Mandy Petty. DO you know her? Tell her to get checked. I've got something on my mouth not from this planet. It itches and it won't go away.

I used to spend a lot of weekends at the Oasis nightclub in Hamilton. That was a long time ago.

If you like bikes, i got two bikes in pristine condition that i might depart with: 2003 CBR Honda 954RR, and a 2006 KTM 950SM. Cobraboy has some Pristine Suzuki 650 V-Stroms he might depart with as well.

Frank

Antoine Richards

Oct 8, 2013
There is another member here from Bermuda named "Bermyboy," or something like that. He also lives on the north coast. Very cool guy...i think his real name is Kenan or Kean (something like that). He also has an uncle from Bermuda that also lives on the north coast.

Another Bermudian--now gone--named Dennis, was also from Bermuda and lived on the north coast.

I spent many summers in Bermuda--particularly in St. George--i hung out a lot at the White Horse; i also spent a lot of time in Somerset--i got an ex-girlfriend from there that still lives there and teaches: Mandy Petty. DO you know her? Tell her to get checked. I've got something on my mouth not from this planet. It itches and it won't go away.

I used to spend a lot of weekends at the Oasis nightclub in Hamilton. That was a long time ago.

If you like bikes, i got two bikes in pristine condition that i might depart with: 2003 CBR Honda 954RR, and a 2006 KTM 950SM. Cobraboy has some Pristine Suzuki 650 V-Stroms he might depart with as well.

Frank

Yes there are a bunch of Bermudians that call the North Coast their second home. I usually run into one or two while I'm there.

Cool that you are so familiar with Bermuda - I'll be bringing some black rum and ginger beer when I come if you are interested! Bit unfortunate about that itch though... Poor Mandy :laugh: !!

I definitely want a super moto for a daily rider when I get there. I dream of the day I can take on over the mountain road to Santiago! I would certainly like to check out your bikes when I arrive.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bermuda -- is Quinn Talbot still there //
One armed golfer.... pro at a little place on the back side of the hill.

I had to play him in the BDA Amateur one year....

You're screwed against a one armed guy.
Beat him -- and its - sure you beat him - one arm!!

Lose to him and you can't get in the clubhouse - they throw bottles at you..

A lose/lose situation

He's a GOOD golfer--- uses his left arm, hits hits a low draw, very handy in the BDA wind

Antoine Richards

Oct 8, 2013
Bermuda -- is Quinn Talbot still there //
One armed golfer.... pro at a little place on the back side of the hill.

I had to play him in the BDA Amateur one year....

You're screwed against a one armed guy.
Beat him -- and its - sure you beat him - one arm!!

Lose to him and you can't get in the clubhouse - they throw bottles at you..

A lose/lose situation

He's a GOOD golfer--- uses his left arm, hits hits a low draw, very handy in the BDA wind

I don't play much golf so I don't know of Quinn. But yeah... that's definitely a catch .22!

I'd actually like to take golf lessons when I get to DR. Bermuda has some world class courses and players but it's so damn expensive here. Any suggestions for a course on the North coast?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He's related to the famous Talbot Brothers of Bermuda fame - and international fame.

Big threads here on North Coast golf... just search button it.