Bus from Santo Domingo Airport to Cabarete on Sunday? Which one to take?

Oct 8, 2013
Need some help here... arriving on a Sunday in Santo Domingo Airport, destination Cabarete.

What is the best option?
- Taking Caribe Tours from the airport to Rio San Juan and taxi to Cabarete? Duration?
- Or taxi downtown Santo Domingo and choose either Metro or Caribe to go to Sosua and taxi to Cabarete? Duration?

From the sites of the buscompanies it is hard to figure out how much time the routes take, maybe someone can hhelp me here :)

Muchas gracias,

Anne-Marie

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Anne-Marie,

Welcome to DR1!

Caribe Tours does not provide service from the airport.

The best thing to do would be to catch a cab to either of the bus terminals (about $40), then take the bus to Sosua ($7-10), and then cab to Cabarete (another $10-15).

Best of luck and have fun!

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
40$ ? Are we talking about metro downtown? Should not be more then 1000 pesos from the airport.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
you would still have to get to the bus with a cab and they seem to charge more when you have bags. i say walk to the main road take the city bus to the metro pay for the whole back seat area for under 150 pasos or give them 300 to really hold your seat then take the metro to sosua and find a cab for around 10 bucks. but thats a hard ass way to make it there if your tough

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Need some help here... arriving on a Sunday in Santo Domingo Airport, destination Cabarete.

What is the best option?
- Taking Caribe Tours from the airport to Rio San Juan and taxi to Cabarete? Duration?
- Or taxi downtown Santo Domingo and choose either Metro or Caribe to go to Sosua and taxi to Cabarete? Duration?

From the sites of the buscompanies it is hard to figure out how much time the routes take, maybe someone can hhelp me here :)

Muchas gracias,

Anne-Marie

Hi, are you travelling alone?

If there are more than one travelling, then the easiest way would be to get a cab and share the expense. Prices are $200USD from Santo Domingo to cabarete. Ride is about 4 hours. (with stop for lunch or something) Also taxi will stop anytime you want to for any reason.

If you do decide to take the bus route instead, it is cheaper obviously but longer time. The caribe tours bust from Santo Domingo runs to sosua, cost is 3-400 pesos , there is a good cambio (money change)in the bus terminal.

Caribe tours bus Bus to sosua from Santo domingo is around five hours, and as far as I know doesnt come into Sosua, but finishes in Sosua Abajo/charamicos and then you will need another bus or cab to cabarete. I not sure which bus or cameonetta you need, but the local bus runs all day. It will be a long old day for you.

dave

Oct 8, 2013
Thanks all for your suggestions. Too bad no one seems to know the option to take the Caribe from the airport to Rio San Juan, someone told me this, it is on their website and they take the new road. Might be a lot less time through this route... And yes, I will arrive by myself so hiring a cab is financially no option.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
If they have recently got caribetour from sd airport that would be great

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just stopped making that mistake... afte 5 yrs ... slow learner.

Tolls, gas eat me up -- IN MY OWN CAR!!!

AZS and POP for me ... only them

Oct 8, 2013
It is not that simple Tamborista!
Not that many airlines fly to POP these days, have to take the distance on this end of the trip into account too.
Need to be for business in SD too on the way back to Europe, so don't take me for a stupid cheapo ok?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Thanks all for your suggestions. Too bad no one seems to know the option to take the Caribe from the airport to Rio San Juan, someone told me this, it is on their website and they take the new road. Might be a lot less time through this route... And yes, I will arrive by myself so hiring a cab is financially no option.

There is not option to take the bus from the Airport, the better and faster way is to do as said on of the forist, if you are not alone better take a cab straight from the airport to Sosua and share spences. the cabs charge arround 40.00 dollars from the Airport to Santo Domingo or Caribe Tours Bus Station.

If you were a local I will tell you take a motoconcho from the airport to the main street and there wait for a local bus, after that then you will have to take a taxi in Santo Domingo to Caribe Tours Bus Station, but that is not a very good option for you,

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
You can make a reservation on the Caribe website from Santo Domingo Airport to Cabarete yes.. but I doubt that this bus will go straight from the Airport to Cabarete (taking the DR7).

If the TS is indeed in Europe you may take a look at the commercial airlines.. They do fly to POP.. might be even cheaper if you get an package including hotel and they will pick you up from the airport.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
here is the schedule for the bus from SD to RSJ, the actual bus stop is on the main highway NOT at the airport

Caribe Tours | Portada

24ne0sm.jpg

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
here is the schedule for the bus from SD to RSJ, the actual bus stop is on the main highway NOT at the airport

Caribe Tours | Portada

24ne0sm.jpg

The main hwy is quite a distance from the terminal. Still need to take a taxi and they will rob you on the price. Bite the bullet and do what others have said. Taxi direct. You are on vacation.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The main hwy is quite a distance from the terminal. Still need to take a taxi and they will rob you on the price. Bite the bullet and do what others have said. Taxi direct. You are on vacation.

I am just guessing but I would think the cab from the airport to the Caribe Las Americas bus stop would be $25-$30. I know the price without bargaining is $40 to Caribe bus depot on 27 de febrero.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That posted 330RD from Las Americas to RSJ is a 2hr trip, about.

Taxi to the toll road and get the bus - that will be the most direct/fastest route to RSJ.

GuaGua from there I suppose...

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
This is sounding awfully confusing. There is no Caribe Tours directly from SDQ. You must take a taxi from SDQ to the junction of the highway heading to the capitol and the new highway. There is a Caribe Tours parada there where you board the bus heading north. Otherwise, go into the capitol to the Caribe Tours parada there. The schedule online, I'm almost certain, is the schedule leaving from the parada in SD.

Last edited: