More On Blinds For Bars On PC

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News. You can see the photos on. Sos?a-News

Last week there was meeting of the owners of the bars in the Pedro Clisante with the Director of Tourism of Sos?a.

In this meeting, the Director stated that the bars should be blinded in Pedro Clisante before October 16. That is, to preserve innocent passersby of a glimpse into the bars of the Pedro Clisante. The regulation applies to Bar Central, El Flow, Bar Thick Herman, the Merenguebar, the Rumba Bar and the bar of Willy the vice mayor. Thick Herman is already busy to blind his bar with a wooden wall. The owner of Bar El Flow is also working on the blinds and an air-co as it could obviously get very hot in an enclosed space. Reportedly the owner of the Merenguebar however refuses to blind his bar. He believes that there is no reason to do so.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I was in D Latins....I walked around for a couple of minutes then left. I won't go back because yes it was hot and the fans hanging everywhere doesn't do squat. The best part, the windows are still transparent enough to see threw so the jackasses didn't accomplish a thing other than hurt busineses. I will be across the street at menergue bar as long as he doesn't have windows.

drescape24

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
innocent passersby would be spoiled for life if they got a glimpse of one of the Dominican Republic's cultural underpinnings; P4P

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Props to the owner of the Merengue Bar who stood up and voiced his opinion about the ridiculous privacy screens.

I noticed that Rhumba Bar put up clear windows, too, so really what does that accomplish for privacy?????......LOL.........

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Is the goal not to hurt these businesses?

In my opinion, the goal is to harass. Business will go down, owners will get aggravated, some will relocate.
While I understand the end game, I don't agree with the tactics in this case. They are legitimate businesses.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Do we really need another 15 page thread on Pedro Clisante's windows and putas, ZZZZZZZZZZ?
Great work Ken, keep up the good work.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
What's going to happen with establishments that are difficult, if not impossible to close in like The Checkpoint?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Will chastity belts be coming soon.....?

Good business opportunity there.........

They'll need fittings and then installation.....
Any volunteers ???

Who will be the Keeper of the Keys ??
More volunteers ??

The pay will not be good - but there will be fringe benefits.

Remember 'What's New Pussycat?'... Woody Allen, et al?

He has a job behind the scenes at a strip joint - helping the girls with clothes - off/on.
His friend says -'Hey, great job... how much?'

Allen answers some ridiculously low number.... friend winces......

Allen says - 'It's all I can afford'...........

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The government is still trying to figure out how to rid the streets of foreigners mixing with Dominicans. The fact that men hooking up with women, or vice versa, is not illegal and they have these investors that are promising to line their pockets in the guise of grand tourism plans. They are at a loss as to how to eliminate this scourge from their little OZ...this is one of their ways to take a legitimate business and drive it out of town. These dirty tactics are needed to do this...I am sure they have more tricks up their sleeves.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
just curious. has caberete felt any effects of these changes on PC ? why not just avoid the fuss and go over to caberete ?

different chicas, same game......

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
just curious. has caberete felt any effects of these changes on PC ? why not just avoid the fuss and go over to caberete ?

different chicas, same game......

Two long standing bars used by young ladies on the main street in Cabarete have been closed. Seems that the DR Taliban roam far and wide!