Grammy Award Winner Wyclef Jean to the rescue of Dominicans of Haitians decent !

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Bachata stateless : Wyclef Jean raises his voice to sing the saga of humiliation

The star Wyclef Jean has released a test -pressing to position himselves in the camp of the Haitian diaspora wounded in the Dominican Republic.

" Natasha Bachata " is the title of this song that some already identified as " bachata stateless " , released this Friday, October 11th on his twitter account.

" Ki moun or ye" - but who are you then, in Creole. This question nagging back and returns to this song , at a rate of bachata , says the confusion of the Haitian diaspora in the Dominican Republic and encourages them to fight for their rights .

" They cut cane in the batey , studying to become medecine in Santiago to practice in Santo Domingo [ ... ] Natasha is Dominican ... but his children will have no identity ," laments Wyclef Jean in Haitian Creole .

"These are Haitian - Dominicans , they can not live without identity ... Change this law, they can not live without identity "

The lead singer of " Fugees " invites the Haitian diaspora in Chicago, Montreal , Boston, Florida, the world , screaming justice for the hundreds of thousands of Dominicans of Haitian descent deprived of their citizenship by a recent judgment of the Court Dominican Constitution .

Wyclef Jean promises to sing this song in the Dominican Republic soon. The benefit to be offered a cup of coffee , sweetened with " sugar batey " , he drinks with the descendants of Haitians and migrant workers, braceros and construction workers .

To listen to the song : https://soundcloud.com/wyclef-jean/wyclef-jean-natasha-bachata

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Wow ! Powerful... Being from Qu?bec, I understand much of the words and they are good, very good....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bachata stateless : Wyclef Jean raises his voice to sing the saga of humiliation

The star Wyclef Jean has released a test -pressing to position himselves in the camp of the Haitian diaspora wounded in the Dominican Republic.

" Natasha Bachata " is the title of this song that some already identified as " bachata stateless " , released this Friday, October 11th on his twitter account.

" Ki moun or ye" - but who are you then, in Creole. This question nagging back and returns to this song , at a rate of bachata , says the confusion of the Haitian diaspora in the Dominican Republic and encourages them to fight for their rights .

" They cut cane in the batey , studying to become medecine in Santiago to practice in Santo Domingo [ ... ] Natasha is Dominican ... but his children will have no identity ," laments Wyclef Jean in Haitian Creole .

"These are Haitian - Dominicans , they can not live without identity ... Change this law, they can not live without identity "

The lead singer of " Fugees " invites the Haitian diaspora in Chicago, Montreal , Boston, Florida, the world , screaming justice for the hundreds of thousands of Dominicans of Haitian descent deprived of their citizenship by a recent judgment of the Court Dominican Constitution .

Wyclef Jean promises to sing this song in the Dominican Republic soon. The benefit to be offered a cup of coffee , sweetened with " sugar batey " , he drinks with the descendants of Haitians and migrant workers, braceros and construction workers .

To listen to the song : https://soundcloud.com/wyclef-jean/wyclef-jean-natasha-bachata

Perhaps they won't let him into the country.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Relax Bob,

Wyclef is an American of Haitian descent, on what bases would you deny him entry ???

Are you against FREE SPEACH ???

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Wyclef lost all credibility a long time ago after a corruption scandal regarding his handling of funds for victims of the earthquake.While he is likely sincere in his song, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Wyclef lost all credibility a long time ago after a corruption scandal regarding his handling of funds for victims of the earthquake.While he is likely sincere in his song, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him.

The people will focus on the message (the song) rather then the messenger (the singer) !

Wyclef is giving a voice to the speechless. Those who can't defend themselves.

Hopefully others will follow and help turn this decision around.

oceanspear

Nov 23, 2012
I am of Dominican descent, and I am appaled and ashamed of being Dominican after the Supreme Court in the island released that racist verdict.... there will be hell to pay, and I pray to God that they pay the price and respect human rights. A dominican born child of any descent, raised there is a Dominican.
The sad part is when they demand from the U.S or other countries that undocumented people be legalized so they can keep sending remittances, but when its their turn to do the Right Thing... they do the opposite.
How hypocritical. the majority of the Haitians are the ones that do the back breaking work in the country anyways.
I hope justice prevails. For God's sake.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I am of Dominican descent, and I am appaled and ashamed of being Dominican after the Supreme Court in the island released that racist verdict.... there will be hell to pay, and I pray to God that they pay the price and respect human rights. A dominican born child of any descent, raised there is a Dominican.
The sad part is when they demand from the U.S or other countries that undocumented people be legalized so they can keep sending remittances, but when its their turn to do the Right Thing... they do the opposite.
How hypocritical. the majority of the Haitians are the ones that do the back breaking work in the country anyways.
I hope justice prevails. For God's sake.

I'm of an ambiguous feeling. While I agree that the people in question (descendants of bateyeros) should be left untouched due to the historical circumstances in which they were brought to the country, it's clear that something must be done about the people that were brought in during the current exodus (2004 onwards). The real problem, of course, lies in the untouchable character of the military and political slave traffickers that continue to bring the inmigrants in the first place.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I keep suggesting in my own way that racism today is not tenable. Beware of your biases dr1ers, especially if you feel you can practice them in the DR w/impunity. My suggestion: Have a good escape plan.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I keep suggesting in my own way that racism today is not tenable.

Neither are unrestrained open borders. If you haven't been looking, Haitians are starting to emigrate to PR en masse along with the yoleros here. Meaning, the DR is becoming increasingly unlivable, even to Haitian peasant standards, so if the surrounding countries think that they will be able to keep the problem "quarantined" on Hispaniola with the current methods, well, they will have to think again.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Neither are unrestrained open borders. If you haven't been looking, Haitians are starting to migrate to PR en masse along with the yoleros here. Meaning, the DR is becoming increasingly unlivable, even to Haitian peasant standards, so if the surrounding countries think that they will keep the problem "quarantined" on Hispaniola with the current methods, well, they will have to think again.

Securing the borders is one thing, denying human rights and blatant real racism is another. Please, I refuse to get caught up in this thread. Some of us just don't get it.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Securing the borders is one thing, denying human rights and blatant real racism is another. Please, I refuse to get caught up in this thread. Some of us just don't get it.

Well, the locals here can't get it either when they can't get attention in time due to the premises on the hospitals being filled to the brim with illegals. If you people haven't realized it, the DR is no Scandinavia, so imagine how people here feel when their needs are set aside casually. Have you ever heard the phrase: "Desvestir un santo para vestir a otro"?

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Well, the locals here can't get it either when they can't get attention in time due to the premises on the hospitals being filled to the brim with illegals. If you people haven't realized it, the DR is no Scandinavia, so imagine how people here feel when their needs are set aside casually. Have you ever heard the phrase: "Desvestir un santo para vestir a otro"?

Once again stop bringing the battle where it isn't.
This is not about cautioning "ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" !
No one is for that ,not even the Haitians.
We are talking about the rights of Dominicans from haitian descent.
This Dominicans are not immigrants . They always have live here and have no where else to go !
They pay taxes and work hard .
The supreme court of DR as announced that it will take there citizenship away !!!
How can you defend such a decision if you are a moral person.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Once again stop bringing the battle where it isn't.
This is not about cautioning "ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" !
No one is for that ,not even the Haitians.
We are talking about the rights of Dominicans from haitian descent.
This Dominicans are not immigrants . They always have live here and have no where else to go !
They pay taxes and work hard .
The supreme court of DR as announced that it will take there citizenship away !!!
How can you defend such a decision if you are a moral person.

You don't understand how things operate on this island. If a concession is extracted on this score, what is to stop the international players for pushing for outright amnesty for ALL illegal inmigrants? Everything functions in terms of a zero sum game.

Last edited: