What is required to nullify marriage in DR?

ber

Oct 16, 2013
I married Dominican woman about 6 years ago in DR. She gave birth to my 3 children. I brought all of them to USA, she got green card, children got U.S. citizenship. A few days ago she told me she only wanted green card from the beginning and did not plan to live together and left me with children. Can I nullify marriage in DR?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
What??? Can you give more detail please..You now have your 3 children? And where is she?? How Long have you been in the US with her for before she sprung this on you? There is a good Lawyer here, can use the one that Sponsors as well, that is the one I will be using soon, forgot the name sorry, but its in the main banner on this site..They do offer a quickie divorce, will take about 3 Months from what I was told..You may want to check the legal section and/or men are from mars, women from venus to see what others have done etc..

This is horrid bro!!

Ant

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
PS, name of the firm is Guzman...Should have their info here on site or another member I'm sure will direct you soon...

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Wow man, this is a wake up call here...I'm beside myself reading this post...Hell, I want to know more Ber..Was she a great actress or did you suspect it? I've always said that not all Dominican woman are bad etc, but to be put on the yo yo string as it seems that you were on, now has me second guessing my thought process here...Oh Baby!

I would love to talk with you if you don't mind..Do you have Skype or may I call you? Please send me a PM and advise me yea??

Thanks!

Anthony

ber

Oct 16, 2013
marriage annulment in DR

She gave birth to the first child when we were in DR in 2009. So, I decided to marry her and bring to USA with child. I did this for child. She is from a very very poor family. I wanted child to live normal life. Any money I would give her for child would be stolen by her family members. We came to USA in 2010. during our stay in USA she gave birth to two other children (in 2011 and 2012). At some point I started to see that she was mentally unstable and unpredictable. She heard voices, communicated with death people, etc. She visited psychiatrists in NYC for a few months, but refused to take prescribed medications. She told me she wanted to decease. Recently we moved from NYC to Florida. She attempted to commit suicide in front of three children. She closed door and took 90 pills of Advil. I called 911 to save her life. She survived, stayed in hospital for an week, came back and told me she wanted to kill herself, children, me. I called 911. She was secured and taken to psychiatric hospital. She convinced them she was not dangerous. It was easy: she had no insurance in Florida. Hospital did not want her. She came back home next day to tell me she married only for green card, took three children and went to shelter. She has no money. However, she is unpredictable and she can leave shelter at any time to kill children and herself. I filed petition in Florida court for injunction to protect against violence to get children back. However, by Florida law, even Sheriff cannot enter a shelter to serve papers. Sheriff is trying to serve. But it is not easy. Judge wants only personal service. No substitution, no constructive service. Judge wants to see her. Judge refused to grant ex-parte injunction because it is assumed that in shelter the risk for children is not high. The risk is only when she leaves shelter. But she has no money. It is assumptions of judge. I would do annulment in DR. Then she would lose green card because she obtained it by this marriage. I want to know if I can nullify this marriage in DR and how fast it can be.

What??? Can you give more detail please..You now have your 3 children? And where is she?? How Long have you been in the US with her for before she sprung this on you? There is a good Lawyer here, can use the one that Sponsors as well, that is the one I will be using soon, forgot the name sorry, but its in the main banner on this site..They do offer a quickie divorce, will take about 3 Months from what I was told..You may want to check the legal section and/or men are from mars, women from venus to see what others have done etc..

This is horrid bro!!

Ant

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
My first call would be to US immigration. Marrying for a green card is fraud. Send her ass packing.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Wow my God!! Yea, I would try Immigration first, tell them that you just found out it was a Sham marriage from what she told you now since she is so called safe in the States, mission accomplished so to speak...Maybe try to record a conversation with her saying so as well.

And here is the Lawyer info that I could not think of the info before...

Dominican Attorneys | Guzman Ariza Law Firm in the Dominican Republic

What location do you prefer?? I think I have their number in SD as well as Sousa..Like I said, I need to do the same...They advised me it would take 3 Months time for that fast divorce and up to 6 Months for the other way...Also, my girl works for the Government, has a ton of Lawyers there from all trades..If your wanting more pricing, let me know I will provide a few other contacts for you...

Also see your PM..

Thanks

Anthony

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
She gave birth to the first child when we were in DR in 2009. So, I decided to marry her and bring to USA with child. I did this for child. She is from a very very poor family. I wanted child to live normal life. Any money I would give her for child would be stolen by her family members. We came to USA in 2010. during our stay in USA she gave birth to two other children (in 2011 and 2012). At some point I started to see that she was mentally unstable and unpredictable. She heard voices, communicated with death people, etc. She visited psychiatrists in NYC for a few months, but refused to take prescribed medications. She told me she wanted to decease. Recently we moved from NYC to Florida. She attempted to commit suicide in front of three children. She closed door and took 90 pills of Advil. I called 911 to save her life. She survived, stayed in hospital for an week, came back and told me she wanted to kill herself, children, me. I called 911. She was secured and taken to psychiatric hospital. She convinced them she was not dangerous. It was easy: she had no insurance in Florida. Hospital did not want her. She came back home next day to tell me she married only for green card, took three children and went to shelter. She has no money. However, she is unpredictable and she can leave shelter at any time to kill children and herself. I filed petition in Florida court for injunction to protect against violence to get children back. However, by Florida law, even Sheriff cannot enter a shelter to serve papers. Sheriff is trying to serve. But it is not easy. Judge wants only personal service. No substitution, no constructive service. Judge wants to see her. Judge refused to grant ex-parte injunction because it is assumed that in shelter the risk for children is not high. The risk is only when she leaves shelter. But she has no money. It is assumptions of judge. I would do annulment in DR. Then she would lose green card because she obtained it by this marriage. I want to know if I can nullify this marriage in DR and how fast it can be.

My question would be: Was she taht way, did she show these kind of behaviors before marrying you? I wonder if she just want to leave you by behaving that way?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
BTW..here is some contact info since they never provide a phone number...This was from their email to me from their Sosua office

Guzm?n Ariza
Attorneys-at-Law
20 Pablo Neruda St., Villa Ana Mar?a
Sos?a, Dominican Republic
Tel 1.809.571.2880
Fax 1.809.571.2928

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Well I guess I would just let her live in the states with her GC if that what she wants... A poor girl tried her worst to touch her american dream... Thats just it...

ber

Oct 16, 2013
To get children back is my first priority. I want to do other steps concurrently. In Dominican Republic she behaved differently. However, there were red flags. I met her on Dominican Cupid website. We started to live together in Santo Domingo. From beginning she could not dream of marriage and green card. She wanted to stay with me some time, get gifts, and leave. It is what she did before with other foreigner, as I learned recently from her. But in two months she became pregnant. I was so happy. This was my first child. I was 57. She was 23. So, she concluded she could expect more than gifts. She got America.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
If this is not a sock then the young lady needs help. Having 3 kids to get a green card does not make sense. Mental health issues sometimes occur after having children. If the mother was a US citizen would the OP be in such a rush to divorce? Sounds like the easy way out is getting her deported. Did the OP ever think she might be getting the help she needs at the shelter? More to the story i am sure.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I married Dominican woman about 6 years ago in DR. She gave birth to my 3 children. I brought all of them to USA, she got green card, children got U.S. citizenship. A few days ago she told me she only wanted green card from the beginning and did not plan to live together and left me with children. Can I nullify marriage in DR?

Wow. Are all three children yours? It sounds like she need pyschiatric help. I would tell her either get help or go back to the DR and let her family deal with it otherwise your kids will be impacted by all the drama. Let her go and of course you can get a legal divorce in the DR. Contact a lawyer, provide him with the details and be done with her.

LTSteve

ber

Oct 16, 2013
I would let her live in the states with her GC, if she was not willing to take children to DR. She kept saying that she would not keep the children in America, that she would always keep them staying with her parents back in Dominican Republic. Se herself plans to prostitute in Bronx. Her parents are very very poor. I sent them 15k in 5 years. I am not rich. I gave them what I needed. But I was thinking they needed more. They wasted them. The living conditions there are miserable. The parents live in a barn constructed from junk wood. They eat mostly nothing but rice and beans and are happy to have any meal 5 times week. Children drink water from puddles. All sorts of crime, including domestic and street violence, including physical and sexual abuse of minor children are considered to be a norm of everyday life. She admitted to me and psychiatrist that she herself was systematically raped by neighbors starting from age 7. If she does not have GC, she will not go to DR because if she goes she cannot come back. If she takes children to DR (three girls 1, 2. 4 yo), they will be subject of sexual abuse.

Last edited:

ber

Oct 16, 2013
I asked myself why she decided to give birth to children. Because for her it was nothing. Her mother has 6 children from 4 men. Her sister has 6 kids from 3 men. Kids hate sister. She hates them. Her parents never kiss my wife.

ber

Oct 16, 2013
All three mine. The youngest looks as my copy. Wife kept saying that she could not love children because her parents had never loved her. She also kept saying: “I like children as long as they cannot walk“. She treated our two older daughters, like enemies and often called them not by the names but co?o (female lower part).