C-Pap machine

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
We are on the North Coast between POP & Sosua..in need of help with my husbands Philips Respironics C-PAP machine(2 yrs old)..I am sure that he cannot be the only one using this here!! Have been getting a needs service code and shutting down..my thoughts are the frequent power bumps..although we are on 24 hr there are some glitches..He has Chronic Obstructive Sleep Apnea and we don't want to go too long without the mchine..hoping to avoid a costly trip back to Canada
Thanks for any help..

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Katiejay,
You might want to post this request on the North Coast Thread rather than New Members/Technical help. Perhaps the Mods will move if for you.

Sorry - cant help other wise.

Olly and the Team

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
While you are waiting for someone that can help here in the DR. You might research getting a replacement unit or parts via mail in case you have to default to that. Good luck.

May 5, 2007
We are on the North Coast between POP & Sosua..in need of help with my husbands Philips Respironics C-PAP machine(2 yrs old)..I am sure that he cannot be the only one using this here!! Have been getting a needs service code and shutting down..my thoughts are the frequent power bumps..although we are on 24 hr there are some glitches..He has Chronic Obstructive Sleep Apnea and we don't want to go too long without the mchine..hoping to avoid a costly trip back to Canada
Thanks for any help..

You may find some help here or other online forums

"service needed"

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Thanks for any help..

You might try using his machine with the power supply going through a regulator first, or a good quality UPS. I had all sorts of bother at first here until I got the house on a supply regulator (10Kw load). Just a suggestion.

Dandman

May 17, 2004
My hose got a leak on one trip. I called the company and within a week a new hose arrived in the mail. My question is .....CPAP machines need distilled water which is getting difficult to use. The distilled water for batteries has additives which make it unhealthy for the machines. Is demineralized water acceptable?

Dandman

May 17, 2004
Thanks that is a big help. It is carried by a nearby pharmacy. The actual medical distilled water is getting expensive and has to be special ordered and the last time it took two weeks to arrive at the pharmacy. Out of desperation, I used the demineralized water and it was Aqua Orbis. I hope you get your problem solved but thanks for answering my question. You made my life easier.