Government Investigating Police Extortion Of Tourist

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Both the Public Prosecutor and the General of the National Police have commissioned to investigate the extortion of an Icelandic tourist in Cabarete and bring the guilty to justice.
The tourist had met a Haitian girl. Because he was not feeling well, he asked the girl to go to the pharmacy and buy some medicine. Then he discovered that she had stolen his credit card and 9000 pesos. The hotel owner advised to report it to the police. When he reported to the police station, he was arrested. He was accused that he had beaten the girl.

The girl had shown some bruises. The tourist resolutely denied to have touched her. The police had a lawyer come over to tell the tourist that a prison sentence of six months awaited him. But he could escape this if he would pay 151,000 pesos. The tourist was scared and intimidated and then paid this amount. Fortunately, he did demand a receipt. But thanks to the TV program 'Detras Del Rumor' and 'Ola TV' and internet sites this extortion was made public. The General of the National Police responded immediately and the Public Prosecutor (Fiscal de Puerto Plata) came the announcement that they will get to the bottom of this. The Director of Tourism Mr Lorenzo Sancasani responded immediately by saying that an investigation is required about the criminal cooperation between prostitutes, lawyers and police with the intent to extort tourists. This case is just an example of how some things can happen.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
NEVER call the Police unless your life is in danger. Anything to do with money will only cost you more money.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
And the girl gets handed around the police station for a few days as well, no doubt collecting bruises.
Everyone wins but the tourist. It's the DR version of the badger game. I've seen it up close for 34 years.

It's easy to avoid by following this advice: stay away from cops, military and lawyers. All of them.
Having handed out such advice over the years, I've seen it almost always ignored.
Just let it penetrate: those people are not your friends.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i pliz you. a turista "meets" a haitian girl? he is not "feeling well"? sends her with a wallet to the pharmacy? how about he hires her to suck him off and after he cools down he notices she stole cash from his wallet? sounds more believable. no need to try to make yourself look even more like innocent victim here. you were robbed? ok, sad thing. just do not make it sound like you are an angel from heavens, pure like fresh fallen snow.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i pliz you. a turista "meets" a haitian girl? he is not "feeling well"? sends her with a wallet to the pharmacy? how about he hires her to suck him off and after he cools down he notices she stole cash from his wallet? sounds more believable. no need to try to make yourself look even more like innocent victim here. you were robbed? ok, sad thing. just do not make it sound like you are an angel from heavens, pure like fresh fallen snow.

you are so cynical...and realistic , at the same time.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
"he met a chica and asked her to go to the pharmacy for him"......I would trust a new 100 dollar bill with a local drunk moto driver first.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you are so cynical...and realistic , at the same time.

i would not even give my wallet to miesposo. what the hell would he need it for? if he needs some change, he can take change. if he needs my insurance to get me medicine prescribed by a doctor i give him just the card. but a wallet? nope.

and i hate stories like this. the guy was robbed alright, i believe it. but do not make a stupid, unbelievable story to back it up. it ain't no shame to use a ho.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this is exactly what happens when people from such societies, with high degrees of personal integrity, fall into the hands of people like the types found here. i bet that this would not have happened to some guy from the South Bronx.

some of these folks are just too innocent to survive here. i bet something similar happens to him again before the year is over.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
surely no one can be this stupid? and if they were, wouldn't they just take the loss head on, weeping over humanity and the loss of values?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
surely no one can be this stupid? and if they were, wouldn't they just take the loss head on, weeping over humanity and the loss of values?

i guess he is too stupid to know that there are societies in which everyone is in on the scam. as i said, certain people do not belong here.

thieves rarely have things stolen from them. they know every trick in the book.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Oh please gordon, with all due respect! I see the jet blue crowd everynight on Pedro budding up with motoconcho drivers and the street kids. Acting like long lost friends. I know for a fact a N.Y. native tried to get over on a hooker in a villa in casa linda. She made phone calls and the n.p. came. He ended up costing him $500. The next night he did the same thing different girl. This time $1500. I know this because my good friend is the property manager. This story isn't hear say.
So people from everywhere think they are immune from something.

drescape24

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Oh please gordon, with all due respect! I see the jet blue crowd everynight on Pedro budding up with motoconcho drivers and the street kids. Acting like long lost friends. I know for a fact a N.Y. native tried to get over on a hooker in a villa in casa linda. She made phone calls and the n.p. came. He ended up costing him $500. The next night he did the same thing different girl. This time $1500. I know this because my good friend is the property manager. This story isn't hear say.
So people from everywhere think they are immune from something.

drescape24

by the "jet blue crowd" i guess you mean the black guys from the USA, the guys that one foremost poster here refers to as the 'pimp daddies". don't believe for a moment that because they are black means that they are privy to all the scams. some of these cats get their clocks cleaned by girls here, just like everyone else. i have seen some of these guys operating here, and i have to wonder how some of them find their way off the bed in the mornings.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
by the "jet blue crowd" i guess you mean the black guys from the USA, the guys that one foremost poster here refers to as the 'pimp daddies". don't believe for a moment that because they are black means that they are privy to all the scams. some of these cats get their clocks cleaned by girls here, just like everyone else. i have seen some of these guys operating here, and i have to wonder how some of them find their way off the bed in the mornings.

thats true my first trip years ago you think every body is your friend street kids motorconcho drivers and the super street girls lol

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

The heart of the story is the extortion by Police and Lawyer, not the interaction with the Haitian Puta.
Here is a chance for the officials The General of the National Police, the Public Prosecutor (Fiscal de Puerto Plata) The Director of Tourism Mr Lorenzo Sancasani to show how serious they are about tourism and protecting tourists from corrupt officials.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the heart of the story is a lie. and that makes the whole thing as believable as heterosexuality of justin bieber.