Questions about getting a job at my age

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Well i'm 16 now and i'm still living with my parents but........ I want a job.
Now that i have a car and i'm moving up in life (gas, getting to know people, and the general stuff you would need money for) i really REALLY want a job.
I hate asking for money because that money could be used for something else, I would rather earn my own money!

So I want to work in a decent job that can fit into my daily life
Mon-Fri School from 7:30am-3:00pm
Sat-sun Free
I know asking for a high paying job is pretty far fetched since i can pretty much work only around 6 hours a day
and work a bit more on weekends but i really need money.

Are there any jobs that take minors like me?(16) I speak extremely good english(born and raised in states, i read a lot) But my spanish is decent, i don't know many big words but it works.
I don't mind working in an office or field work as long as i get paid

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Try online jobs from home, no need to disclose your age...If you can Data Input, Telemarketer, or just love writing, etc, you can certainly work the hours you want just as long as it meets the clients needs etc...There are many out there, but I always suggest Elance...Give a look, search for others so you can compare, get to work.,..;)

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Call centers?
Would they even take a minor?
Try online jobs from home, no need to disclose your age...If you can Data Input, Telemarketer, or just love writing, etc, you can certainly work the hours you want just as long as it meets the clients needs etc...There are many out there, but I always suggest Elance...Give a look, search for others so you can compare, get to work.,..;)
Sounds good ill look into it, thanks.

Keep the suggestions coming :cheeky:

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
PS, where do you live now? Call Center may be a good option, can pay up to 60,000 a Month with bonuses etc...I have a few connections from a while ago in SD, one in Santiago..

Anthony

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Sorry..Or just look up Provitel or Stream, there are 2 more in SD, would need to see what the names are via my Skype

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
PS, where do you live now? Call Center may be a good option, can pay up to 60,000 a Month with bonuses etc...I have a few connections from a while ago in SD, one in Santiago..

Anthony

Sorry..Or just look up Provitel or Stream, there are 2 more in SD, would need to see what the names are via my Skype
I live in santo domingo
Would be cool if i could work in a call center but how would i work out the hours?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Call any of them to see what hours are needed..Most call centers cater to night time work for Moms & students, so it may work...But your age may be a factor unless they provide working papers here, but I know nothing about that in the DR

I live in santo domingo
Would be cool if i could work in a call center but how would i work out the hours?

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Call any of them to see what hours are needed..Most call centers cater to night time work for Moms & students, so it may work...But your age may be a factor unless they provide working papers here, but I know nothing about that in the DR

I need papers to work????

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
How about after-school tutoring/help with homework for children? It's probably sensible and practical to find something you can do from home or at least in your own neighbourhood, preferably with families you know.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
How about after-school tutoring/help with homework for children? It's probably sensible and practical to find something you can do from home or at least in your own neighbourhood, preferably with families you know.

I'm not very good with children, I'm not even good at showing people how to speak english. Trust me, i've tried

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Hey ! Me too I need a job.... Can I get a job at a good salary ? I speak French, English and my Spanish is quite good.

I've worked all my life in offices and I know Office inside out.... I've done translation Eng-Fr and online moderation. And the last but not least, I am very intelligent and bright !!

Would prefer a job from home since I don't own a car or moto. I live in Puerto Plata.

Thanks for any tips.

May 29, 2006
Another job that has potential is to be a personal shopper for ex-pats. Many folks hate shopping esp if they have to travel to get to a decent market. You could charge a percentage mark-up with a minimum. You might want to get a cooler for riding on the guaguas and some IKEA bags for toting around dry goods. You can carry a lot in those and they're cheap.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Read the thread, there are a few good ideas you can do as well

Hey ! Me too I need a job.... Can I get a job at a good salary ? I speak French, English and my Spanish is quite good.

I've worked all my life in offices and I know Office inside out.... I've done translation Eng-Fr and online moderation. And the last but not least, I am very intelligent and bright !!

Would prefer a job from home since I don't own a car or moto. I live in Puerto Plata.

Thanks for any tips.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Is there a legal working age in the DR? I would think that you could work at a restaurant or retail store that needs help on the weekends or p/t.

LTSteve

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
How about working at a supermarket as a bagger. The hours are usually flexible.