What's YOUR country famous for?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
What's YOUR country famous for? Map reveals that UK leads the world in fascist movements while U.S. has most Nobel laureates and lawnmower deaths
The map is based on statistics gathered from across the internet from sources including the World Bank and Guinness World Records
It was created by DogHouse Diaries and shows that some stereotypes seems to be true, such as the U.S. eating the most hotdogs
The map also highlights surprising things associated with certain countries, such as Spain and cocaine and Peru and sandboarding

Read more: What's YOUR country famous for? Map reveals that UK leads the world in fascist movements while U.S. has most Nobel laureates and lawnmower deaths | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

To see the map enlarged
http://thedoghousediaries.com/large/5414.png

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Oh deary, must be a greek that came up with that map........ turkish apricots???
Any way I d be a fascist, easily employed in tourism ( while drinking brugal).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
polish kielbasa, of course. what about vodka, cleaners and construction site workers, eh?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
polish kielbasa, of course. what about vodka, cleaners and construction site workers, eh?

my birthplace and ancestral home?

Bob Marley. Jimmy Cliff. the world's fastest sprinters. and, infamous for developing the accursed AI tourism model, and configuring it for the caribbean.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
We're known for many things and at the top of the list I definitely wouldn't put Miss Universe anymore. We've got much more embarrassing things to be famous for, like insecurity and lack of toilet paper. Oh, the beaches are beautiful too.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I don't agree with Maple Syrup and meteroids impacts for Canada.... What about hockey ? Nice people ?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Too small and not enough of a country to make the map, but we still managed to produce John Galliano (disgraced fashion designer), Albert Hammond Sr. composer of many classic pop songs and father of the more famous A.H. Jr., Miss World 2009, the only wild monkeys in Europe, the setting for part of James Joyce's Ulysses (my great grandfather's shop gets a mention) and the opening sequence to James Bond the Living Daylights, stone in the shoe of Spain and one of the highest population densities and quality of life in the world.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
My country's claim to fame is the ringing of the black stuff to mankind.... the Guinness.......our poets......our music......passports to anyone with an Irish grandfather.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
My birthplace really isn't famous at all. Often times it's misplaced for Ghana in Africa. :). I would say the mass killing of hundreds of people at Jonestown by one named Jim Jones. It's a sad episode in our society, however, it's true.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I hope my german friends here can excuse me, but the "Almost winning the world cup" really made me laugh...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
My birthplace really isn't famous at all. Often times it's misplaced for Ghana in Africa. :). I would say the mass killing of hundreds of people at Jonestown by one named Jim Jones. It's a sad episode in our society, however, it's true.
Off the top of my head:
Eddy Grant
The tallest wooden building in the world

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Guyana - El dorado rum and some of the best gold, Eddy Grant of Electric Avenue and Rihanna heritage . Now if you wanna talk infamy - Jim Jones