Need info on the Antiguo Hotel Europa...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Never heard of this place mentioned on DR1, but I'm sure someone knows about it.

Any information you can provide will be of value. Does it have a restaurant, how nice are the rooms, where is it located, and of course, is it chica friendly.

Thanks in advance.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
It is located on pedro heading away from down town one block passed super super on the left. It has a small bar out front, pool in the middle. I believe its chica friendly, there are enough of then at the bar. I wouldn't tell my friends to stay there, but that's me. They have an add on sosua news look there.

drescape24

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
If you are talking about the one in Santo Domingo, it is clean and respectable. Located about two blocks down from the Cathedral in the Zona. I stayed there when I first came and friends stayed there this year. They have breakfast included which is served on the roof. Do not think that they have a pool. And have no idea if they are chica friendly. The only bar is in the lobby and did not see any hanging around there.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I was there one night two weeks ago. Location is perfect: 2 min to plaza Espana. 5 min to parque Colon. I didn't spent there much time but didn't see any pool, restaurant (maybe they offer something on the roof), ho's. Nice, peaceful and secure, helpful staff.
Suite is good, the other rooms nice but rather small, just don't take a room without balkony. I booked a normal room thru internet 48 Euro with breakfast for one person. But as it easily happens in DR I came in female company, they took 850 pesos for it, would have been chaeper to book for two in advance. I don't know how their policy is if your company is for short time during night, in internet there are differing infos.
I booked it mainly because of the Son-Evening on Sundays in the Ruinas, just 100 m from hotel, 7pm. Would do it again.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Hmm, I think some posters missed the location category was SD not NorthCoast

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
It was a nice, basic simple stay. Nothing fancy. Heavy dark furniture. Saltillo spanish tiles. Nice lobby with a little coffee and bar seating. No restaraunt but some good ones nearby. Good staff. Pretty good for the price.

Not an expert on the chica scene...have to seek others in that department.