Guagua from Sosua to Pto Plata airport

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
What should I pay for hopping on a guagua in Sosua and getting off at the airport? I was thinking about 60-70 DOP but am unsure.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
The ruta (public taxi) from Sosua to Puerto Plata is 50 pesos. GuaGua should be almost same price.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You could splurge and go nuts, any publico @ La Bomba will take you and luggage for $RD300 in an empty car.
That's a whopping $7 for your own car, and the driver makes a nice tip.
Do you really want to walk from the highway to the terminal?
The publico will drop you inside.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The publicos frequently take people to the airport, especially employees going to work. Normally they don't go all the way to the terminal, but drop off at the turn around before the toll booth.

Several years ago when family members were leaving we took a publico to the airport. In that case we were the only occupants leaving Sosua and he took us all the way to the terminal. We negotiated a price which was well below the US$25 charged by taxis.

If you are willing to walk from the toll booth, can fit your luggage in the trunk, and occupy only one seat, I think RD$60 or 70 should be enough.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
That's a long walk from the highway to the terminal, especially if you are carrying luggage.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
if I were going, i would just jump in a car from sosua and give the guy 300 pesos. take me right to the airport door. They will do pretty much anything for an extra 100 pesos or so. right now is so quiet they are all desperate for any money.

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
I did it once (was travelling light) when travelling from Puerto Plata, got dropped off at the gate/toll booth, not far at all from the toll booth to where you'd get dropped off anyway ... from Sosua, as others have said, it's not much just to get the entire car.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
where's Jamie Dimon when you need him??

So far we 're at $1.50 to $7....
by the time you have two beers thinking about, you'll be walking ALL the way, not from any booth or road.

Life in the fast lane !!

Sorry, forgot, this is RD - there are no lanes:p

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
The publicos frequently take people to the airport, especially employees going to work. Normally they don't go all the way to the terminal, but drop off at the turn around before the toll booth.

Several years ago when family members were leaving we took a publico to the airport. In that case we were the only occupants leaving Sosua and he took us all the way to the terminal. We negotiated a price which was well below the US$25 charged by taxis.

If you are willing to walk from the toll booth, can fit your luggage in the trunk, and occupy only one seat, I think RD$60 or 70 should be enough.

The OP can afford to live here. The OP can afford a plane ticket. Yet the OP can not figure out how to get to the airport.

Very sad.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The OP can afford to live here. The OP can afford a plane ticket. Yet the OP can not figure out how to get to the airport.

Very sad.

The OP owns a bed and breakfast/rents rooms, pretty sad indeed Sir Ringo!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This is news to me! We own an apartment where we holiday three times a year if that is the same thing!
Ian & Ellie.

That is a little strange that you have it for for rent with an ad under the name Casa Ellie.
One would would assume a Casa is larger than a studio apartment, sorry my bad.
I guess it is normal, some folks name their cars!