from "b**ch please" files, a xmas offer from air europa

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so i read about this great offer: Z 101
299 bucks for a flight to mardid and 199 for a flight to paris if you book now for travel in december, coming back in january.
too good to be true? it is. i looked and all i could see was mardid at 1,020 dollars and paris at 1,232.
how about f**k you?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is a joke. i checked different dates and the lowest i can see for xmas is just over 1,000 dollars. f**king pieces of s**t. forgive me when i excuse myself and go spend some time in my secret swearing room because i am now very pi**ed off.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Typical bait and switch,

People take the bait, and they switch, they know there are a certain number that will buy anyway, regardless of the higher price....(The whole goal is to get you to the site first, and THEN FU-K you over)

But like Frank says, there are probably 1, 2, or maybe even 3 at the heavily discounted price.....(Just to keep things on the up & up) Wink wink....

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I booked flights in 2006 for me and the family to go to the uk - around 800 us each i think. The week before Christmas they were 150 us each. Wait till the last minute as all the flights full coming in and empty going out. There are amazing offers then

Matilda

Feb 7, 2007
Here we go. The fare to PARIS IS US$299 Round Trip. As I assumed, taxes not included. Look below for YQ charge which is the fuel surcharge*.
20/12/2013 OUT, 10/1/2014 IN.

Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.
Fare 1: Carrier UX PPRODO SDQ to PAR (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code P, M
Covers SDQ-MAD (Economy), MAD-ORY (Economy)
$149.50

Fare 2: Carrier UX PPRODO PAR to SDQ (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code P
Covers ORY-MAD (Economy), MAD-SDQ (Economy)
$149.50

Dominican Republic Transportation Tax (DO) $154.60
Spanish Airport Services Charge (JD) $43.40
Spanish Security Tax (QV) $9.80
Dominican Republic International Airport Departure Tax (AA) $20.00
Dominican Republic Airport Authority Fee (UX) $15.00
Dominican Republic Airport Infrastructure Fee (VB) $16.30
(YQ) $560.00
Dominican Republic Airport Authority Fee (UX) $15.00
Dominican Republic Airport Infrastructure Fee (VB) $16.30
French Aviation Civile Tax (FR) $5.90
French International Passenger Service Charge (QX) $15.00
French Airport Tax (FR) $17.60
French Air Passenger Solidarity Tax (IZ) $5.50

Subtotal per passenger $1,193.40
Number of passengers x1

Total airfare & taxes $1,193.40

This ticket is non-refundable.
Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.

*Some nice YQ surcharge reading
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles/1270451-oddball-pricing-taxes-twice-much-fare.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles/1269620-fees-over-2-3-price.html

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
this is a joke. i checked different dates and the lowest i can see for xmas is just over 1,000 dollars. f**king pieces of s**t. forgive me when i excuse myself and go spend some time in my secret swearing room because i am now very pi**ed off.

In NoAmerica (maybe just the US), they have a new law --

The posted fares must include all taxes - no more bait/switch.

Europa may not do this yet..... used to p!ss me off when all the xtras were added
False advertising? Maybe, but deceptive/misleading , for sure

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
rubio, what da fak did i just read? that from 300 dolla per ticket the taxes and charges made it 1,193?
someone hold me because i am now READY FOR F**KING MURDER!!!!!!!
that person responsible for the DR airport taxes better take early retirement package.

1qlgjq.jpg

Feb 7, 2007
In NoAmerica (maybe just the US), they have a new law --

The posted fares must include all taxes - no more bait/switch.

Europa may not do this yet..... used to p!ss me off when all the xtras were added
False advertising? Maybe, but deceptive/misleading , for sure

Actually, in EUROPE you MUST advertise the final price (at least for flights) the only exception is the agency service fee. I don't know if this applies only to full service or low cost carriers as well. But a European carrier advertising elsewhere is not bound by this rule.

Feb 7, 2007
rubio, what da fak did i just read? that from 300 dolla per ticket the taxes and charges made it 1,193?
someone hold me because i am now READY FOR F**KING MURDER!!!!!!!
that person responsible for the DR airport taxes better take early retirement package.

Actually, the DR taxes are "only" US$237. The remainder of taxes are Spanish and French (much less then Dominican). The biggest chunk is eaten by $560 "fuel surcharge fee" which is just another form of "hidden fare increase". This goes to the Airline, not the government. But they can still claim the low fare of $149 one way to Paris. They cannot be sued for false advertising. So what airlines do is they advertise low fares, but then they hit you with Fuel Surcharge. Fuel Surcharge was meant (initially) to be a variable factor depending on jet fuel and int'l oil prices, and should have gone up and down depending on oil prices. But this has long been forgotten.... (and because oil prices are not expected to go down anytime soon) the fuel surcharge has just been converted into hidden fare increase tool for the airlines. They don't have to pay sales commissions on it (for few airlines that still pay commissions) nor taxes nor anything. It's a very grey area for air ticket pricing. You will see different fuel surcharges for the same origin-destination flight on different airlines.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
rubio, thank you for explanation. still, it did not quench my need to murder someone :(