walking the high wire between the seemingly impossible and not being sankie victim

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
This is a dual story related to immigration and the usual inconclusive romance signals ( as in what am I really seeing here.?) The first part is the usual story. I live in the U.S. and began talking to Dominican woman online, then came to DR to visit her. Before coming she invited me to stay at her house which I considered a good sign, as in she's open and willing the share. This is not the first time something like this has happened to me in DR. I've been there 6 times now. Once she told me about the lack of electricity and the constant noise near her house, I rented an inexpensive hotel in Juan Dolio. For the next eight days we spent every minute together and got along fantastically. I can honestly say she treated me better than any woman I ever met. -and I have met a lot of them!! Of course there has been the over used "te amo mi amor and te quiero mi vida"
One of the things she said, was that if necessary we could work together to get a better place in DR so I would be more comfortable if I chose to stay there.
I'm retired , so working is not in my plan. I suggested that she come to visit me in the U. S. so we could get to know each other better. It would also avoid having to spend money in hotels. I volunteered to pay for her ticket and her visa application. However she is poor and doesn't have enough financially interest (except her house to be granted a U. S. visitors visa. Although she is poor she has never asked me for money.
Although I did give her some money for food when I left and I volunteered to help pay a phone bill, she has actually said "don't torment your self about my problems". I have also told her I CAN NOT HELP HELP HER ALL OF THE TIME FINANCIALLY. her answer was "no problem. Every time I call her she is at home and available to talk, so I can assume she is not "running the streets". Yet when I have suggested that she work for a while to build a little capitol ,she hasn't done much to pursue it ,although she does have secretarial skills. While in the process of trying to file the visitor's visa application, I discovered she has not worked in a year and a half. She walked away from her government job.Her reason was too much work and not enough money
In addition she has a family visa in the U.S. pipeline which has partially been approved. This just gives her a place in the visa line ,not an actual green card. I also told her if she got here to the U.S could stay at my house and doesn't have to work. However the entire process will cost nearly$2000 and although I am willing to help her get here ,I am not willing to assume the entire cost until I know her much better and I see that she is actually putting in some effort. Nor am I going to play sponsor,which is a ten year commitment. She claims to be working on that with family in the U.S and has offered to sell some of her belongings in DR to raise money. . BUT as I pointed out,how much can one get for a used tv,used furniture and washing machine. She also tried unsuccessfully to get money by using her house a colateral
Finally I posed the possibility of renting an apartment there with better facilities but I own two properties here in the U.S ,so money is a little tight. I can only rent a very cheap apartment if I can find it. Even then I can only stay 2 months at a time
So one one hand I have a woman who I really like ,who doesn't ask for money, but MAY BE a bit lazy. I know salaries are not very high in DR.
So two questions: What am I really seeing here and is this an impossible situation? Any opinions?

The BIGGEST red flag EVER "I can honestly say she treated me better than any woman I ever met."

Reading this it really doesn't sound good at all. She is playing you!

She is very poor but lazy and quit a job because it is too much work?!?!

She isn't asking you for money now because she knows how to wait for THE BIG CASH IN!!!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Man!! I don't trust these biiiacthes...Sounds the same as the next story and better than the one before,, but has yet beat mine..Listen, most of us has been there done that, met on Cupid have you?? Yea, me too..was married to one for 5 Years, on the 5TH Year, found myself i jail for 13 hours courtesy to my wonderful loving oh papi te amo BS to finally being released with NO reason for my arrest in the first place, to come home to an empty apartment!!! I'm SSID for christ sake, spent all I had to setup my home here, how do you recover those things on a fixed income..

Now your girl is not working?? I can almost get that with maybe 10,000 a Month, time she pays motor conchoncos, lunch etc, whats left but aggravation from your job..Problem I see is, your pension will be hers baby and those 2 homes in just 7 Months of living together called Common law, here as well..Take a chance? PRENUPTIAL!!! PRENUPTIAL!! Yours yours yours!! Or change the names to a family member if ya want a go at her via your properties....So, back to my cell..I was called on the phone that Morning, was told there was a document for me..went downstairs to see my Doc and BAM! 2 plain clothes cops, come with us, you need to sign divorce papers at the court house..HUH!!??? we got along great! never fought, she had a son of 3 Years old when we met, he called me Papi Anthony, was the only father in his life..So get real!! If this so called woman can not only rip my heart out, put me in jail on most likely paying the police to do so, but takes her only son out of that kind of environment? I can only warn you! And They were set having me! She too was very poor, paying 4,000 a month in rent, making 15,000 a Month..BAH! Proceed with caution!! Yellow light ahead! watch for the Red lights, may had a few already.,..

Anthony

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
PS...Did I mention to have her tested?? If you continue with her and have not put the cucumber in the onion dip yet, hit the clinic, do the both of you so it looks like your a neat guy, just wanting to be safe...Lots of HIV and/or STD here..

And good Morning HR..;) funny to see you here at the usual time..LOL, yea, me too

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Bud, you are being set up. some guys don't care, some do. All depends on your perspective and needs.

I was once a puppy too, we learn quick and the lovey dove crap is not for this country.

Never forget this! "He who holds the Gold makes the Rules", not some DR chica.

mira! mi no pendejo papi chulo... if she laughs is a good sign..

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what does she live off? no job, no money. where is her money coming from? you? other clients?

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Back away with your hand on your money! Stick with the American women, you have more in common with them.then a third world woman. Make your friends in the d.r. but no relationships. I am not saying do the whore thing, but 99% want something.

drescape24

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Too much work, not enough money beats the hell out of no work, no money.

That even makes sense at 2:09 in the am.

Run Away

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
what does she live off? no job, no money. where is her money coming from? you? other clients?
It not coming from me . She does get a little rent money from a tenanat and relies heavily on her two daughters,one of whom has a family of her own

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
Back away with your hand on your money! Stick with the American women, you have more in common with them.then a third world woman. Make your friends in the d.r. but no relationships. I am not saying do the whore thing, but 99% want something.

drescape24
American women? thanks but no thanks. They're the most spoiled women on the planet. They treat you like a circus animal
" How many hoops can you jump through?" . That's why after years and years I started to look in DR

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
Man!! I don't trust these biiiacthes...Sounds the same as the next story and better than the one before,, but has yet beat mine..Listen, most of us has been there done that, met on Cupid have you?? Yea, me too..was married to one for 5 Years, on the 5TH Year, found myself i jail for 13 hours courtesy to my wonderful loving oh papi te amo BS to finally being released with NO reason for my arrest in the first place, to come home to an empty apartment!!! I'm SSID for christ sake, spent all I had to setup my home here, how do you recover those things on a fixed income..

Now your girl is not working?? I can almost get that with maybe 10,000 a Month, time she pays motor conchoncos, lunch etc, whats left but aggravation from your job..Problem I see is, your pension will be hers baby and those 2 homes in just 7 Months of living together called Common law, here as well..Take a chance? PRENUPTIAL!!! PRENUPTIAL!! Yours yours yours!! Or change the names to a family member if ya want a go at her via your properties....So, back to my cell..I was called on the phone that Morning, was told there was a document for me..went downstairs to see my Doc and BAM! 2 plain clothes cops, come with us, you need to sign divorce papers at the court house..HUH!!??? we got along great! never fought, she had a son of 3 Years old when we met, he called me Papi Anthony, was the only father in his life..So get real!! If this so called woman can not only rip my heart out, put me in jail on most likely paying the police to do so, but takes her only son out of that kind of environment? I can only warn you! And They were set having me! She too was very poor, paying 4,000 a month in rent, making 15,000 a Month..BAH! Proceed with caution!! Yellow light ahead! watch for the Red lights, may had a few already.,..

Anthony
Hey Anthony
Thanks for the response. You have some story. After hearing it I don't feel so bad

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I've heard the maids talking about hooking up with someone that travels (foreigner). It's very normal and nonchalant to
say they need a man that can take them to the US and it doesn't matter what they look like as long as they can get out of here.
I don't think there is any malice intended but rather the illusion of finding a savior any savior to relieve them financially.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
stop listening to all the negativity being spread around here! she's 50 and doesn't feel like working for a minimum wage? well duh! at the age of 50 your body doesn't feel like doing things it could 20 years ago.

she's just a woman and she doesn't bother you too much when it comes to money! at 50 she's already been through it!

she ain't 20 something years old thinking you're gonna buy her a big mansion, ferrari and all the good things! she's 50, you're 65 and she's aware that maybe you have a bit more money than her but it ain't like your sitting on a pot of gold!

had she been 20 something, all you had to do is look in the mirror and ask yourself if she really really wanted to be with her grand pa!

i think this one is just happy that at her age she found you, she is happy you didn't go after her daughter or sobrinas.

yeah yeah yeah people here been through bad things, it happens all over the world.

by the way i don't believe she's 50, i think you just don't want to tell us the truth cos nooobody would think of their 50 year old girlfriend to still hit the streets! i mean come on now! really?