Point trekking santo domingo? I know, stupid question!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
We went to the zoo last week and couldn't get the wee un off the pony once we allowed her on, now she wants a pony. Can anyone tell me where I can take her tomorrow so I can get an idea of how serious she wants to do this hobby?

I don't want any anorexic dominican crap, an educated person with a calm well treat pony.

I have no idea why the header came out like it did, modern technology thinking it knows better than me I expect.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think there are ponies to ride on the 'feria ganadera' on George Washington avenue (Malecon) between Nunez de Caceres and Luperon.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I was hoping for a kind of pony school where she can get the understanding of real riding rather than being led. I've never seen ponies on malecon, I could be wrong but I can't imagine where could be safe enough, anywhere other than the man made beach area at the bottom of blah de blah street by the public gym.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Anyone noticed anything on pony trekking clubs?
We are prepared to go out of the city this weekend if it is worth the while.
I have been searching all over and can't find anything local or anywhere near local.
Failing that does anyone know of any activity centres or suchlike?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think there are ponies to ride on the 'feria ganadera' on George Washington avenue (Malecon) between Nunez de Caceres and Luperon.

Yes, we took our grandsons there to ride the ponies, they are at the back, you wouldn't see them from the malecon Smart.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Is this down by the paddle boats on the lake?

I'm way off here aren't I, I'm thinking of luperon onto anacaono park area. Can't picture it for some reason.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is this down by the paddle boats on the lake?

No, drive down the malecon several miles going west from Churchill, you'll see tall fencing and a small stadium. Pull through to the rear to the very back of the property. I don't know if they're there every day, or just on weekends.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
There are several riding schools in Santo Domingo that offer riding lessons for small kids. Nitram is one of them by Carrefour if I remember correcty, there's also Escuderia Ieromazzo and Centro Ecuestre Las Colinas. What Mauricio mentions in the second post is the Feria Ganadera. There are also a few people there that offer riding lessons both in english equitation and paso fino. Just keep in mind riding is not an inexpensive sport in the DR but there are several good and solid schools out there. Have fun!