justice in the D.R

cockig

Jan 3, 2002
www.adonmpta.info
A friend of mine her child moved across it by chance in a fight between two men, one of the men throws benzine to another and he take her daughter to protect him self, result the child has the third degree burns and scars for the rest of her life.
the men where not arrested, no compensation for medical expenses, how can that no action of the justice,no arrest from the police? wow who can that??????

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A friend of mine her child moved across it by chance in a fight between two men, one of the men throws benzine to another and he take her daughter to protect him self, result the child has the third degree burns and scars for the rest of her life.
the men where not arrested, no compensation for medical expenses, how can that no action of the justice,no arrest from the police? wow who can that??????

you posted to ask that question?

let me answer it with a question;

do you remember where you are?

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
If he has enough money or connections he can "create" justice, sad but is as simply as that. I've heard that many thieves and "atracadores" usually don't target people in expensive cars or wealthy looking people, because they know these people might have "power", money, connections or a combination of the three. They know that hurting or robbing a member of a wealthy family can lead to a brutal beating by the police, or even death.

Anyways, sorry to hear what happen to your friend's child, that's one of so many sad things that happen and go unpunished in this country.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Gurabo, do you remember how quickly they collared those guys who killedd a Santiago doctor's daughter for her cellphone? mess with the wrong people, they will get you.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Gurabo, do you remember how quickly they collared those guys who killedd a Santiago doctor's daughter for her cellphone? mess with the wrong people, they will get you.

I not only remember that the culprits got quickly arrested, but I clearly remember how much press attention the incident got, it was the only thing in the news for weeks. Ever since then, I've heard people say "Santiago has become very dangerous, they kill people there just for their cellphones" heck people in this very forum have stated what I just quoted, and it's all thanks to all the press attention that particular tragedy received. It was clearly not the first time someone had been killed for a cellphone in the city, but it was the first time just like you said that they messed with the wrong people. I remember how I thought to myself if it would've been the daughter of "Pancho el gomero" the one killed, the news would have been cover for a few minutes by Gutierrez and no one beyond her family and friends would've made much of a fuss about it.

Well off people in DR don't have much to fear, the ones that are the most frequent victims of crimes are the working class and poor who own pasolas or 115 motorcycles. How many times do you hear that someone in a nice BMW was a victim of a atraco?

Last edited:

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
And so she let that guy take her daughter from her??? and the other guy still threw benzine on her??? Man, I would get street justice for that one!!!

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
And so she let that guy take her daughter from her??? and the other guy still threw benzine on her??? Man, I would get street justice for that one!!!

Wow! It sounds worst than in HAITI. In haiti, even the people would have revenged the child. Interesting