Dominican embassy/consular services abroad

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Does anyone have experience dealing with a Dominican embassy or consulate in Europe? I've heard accounts before that new citizens have been able to pick up their citizenship cedulas and passports at their nearest Dominican consulate abroad (but must apply for them in Santo Domingo). Is there any truth behind this?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
What is it that your wanting to know? I lived NY NJ before moving to the DR, been to the Embassy in SD a few times and her at POP 2 times..I have a contact in the Social Security area if you need a person to speak with in Santo Domingo...And depending on what your needs are, you may need to contact the Vermont Embassy..You can also call the 800 number, advise them of whatever you want to do, they will tell you what Embassy you need to deal with..Vermont usually handles Visa for example when you live in NY, but would need to go to the NY Embassy for your appointment for example..

Anthony

Have you heard anything about the one in New York? Good/bad/indifferent?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
What is it that your wanting to know? I lived NY NJ before moving to the DR, been to the Embassy in SD a few times and her at POP 2 times..I have a contact in the Social Security area if you need a person to speak with in Santo Domingo...And depending on what your needs are, you may need to contact the Vermont Embassy..You can also call the 800 number, advise them of whatever you want to do, they will tell you what Embassy you need to deal with..Vermont usually handles Visa for example when you live in NY, but would need to go to the NY Embassy for your appointment for example..

Anthony

Thanks, I'm looking to begin the process of getting my Dominican citizenship through my father.

Was wondering if I can start it here and finish it.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Okay, just to be clear, you are now in NY?? your Dad is Dominican and lives? assumes DR yes? If yes, I would file in whatever facing Embassy in the States, may be Vermont like I said before..Let the Embassy's that know their business deal with the other Embassies that may not care or need money to be motivated enough..

However, you may have missed a post by Fabio Guzman, is a Lawyer and sponsor on this site..Why not send him a PM, see what he thinks and also call Vermont since I believe they still handle such things although your in NY..Or call the 800 number, listen to the recording of what Embassy faces your location and/or visit any Embassy site, that will tell you as well..

Anthony

Thanks, I'm looking to begin the process of getting my Dominican citizenship through my father.

Was wondering if I can start it here and finish it.

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
This is usually dealt with a lot faster starting out in Santo Domingo, instead of at a Dominican consulate abroad.

What if I decided to move to DR. Can I just do it all over there and not have to come back to USA? Granted that I have all my documents ready and everything.

Sent from my Droid DNA on 4.3!!!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Have you heard anything about the one in New York? Good/bad/indifferent?

I have dealt directly with the Dominican Consulate in NYC and they seem very efficient. You can google their phone number. I would call or e-mail them and ask them whatever questions you have. I am sure they can answer it to your satisfaction.

LTSteve

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I have dealt directly with the Dominican Consulate in NYC and they seem very efficient. You can google their phone number. I would call or e-mail them and ask them whatever questions you have. I am sure they can answer it to your satisfaction.

LTSteve

Thanks for the input. I'll try to contact them. Were you able to get/renew a cedula or passport at the Dominican Embassy in NYC?

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
I am looking for information also about residency. We have lived here for over a year, have all our bank accounts here, rent long term and own a motor bike. We no longer have a home or address in the states, we were victims of identity theft and lost everything......can we apply here in the DR I have no local police station or US residence to know where a consulate in the US would be that would work with us. HELP I asked the Guzman law firm for info and a associate there answered promptly however they say I still need a police letter and to do the process in the states. HELP

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am looking for information also about residency. We have lived here for over a year, have all our bank accounts here, rent long term and own a motor bike. We no longer have a home or address in the states, we were victims of identity theft and lost everything......can we apply here in the DR I have no local police station or US residence to know where a consulate in the US would be that would work with us. HELP I asked the Guzman law firm for info and a associate there answered promptly however they say I still need a police letter and to do the process in the states. HELP

No one can help you here, those are the rules. Do you have a relative/parent/child's home that you could use as a residence?

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
No children, in laws are deceased and my parents are in a nursing home......could we use a post office box......

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Does anyone know who I would contact in the states of just pick an embassy location.....

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Does anyone know who I would contact in the states of just pick an embassy location.....

I think you would pick the Dominican consulate in the US which is allocable to you based on your place of birth in your birth certificate.

You should call the embassy or a consulate and ask about this.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
unfortunatley you should have done some things before you left the states. You need a police report from the states showing that you do not have a criminal record. This includes digital finger printing. This has to be done in the states. You will have to take a trip to get this done. There is no way around it and once you get the report it must be translated into Spanish along with all your other documents. The police report must be done on each individual applying for residency.

LTSteve