Gold
Sep 27, 2006
he could pair up with rihanna maybe? here's her photo shoot with kate moss:

yze3k.jpg

right...

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
C'mon, the guy just wants to be white :) I believe he is not alone, that bleaching cream could become a bestseller in DR. Supermarkets could sell it together with hair relaxers, 2 in 1 value pack.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
must be a while you did not shop in DR. there are plenty of bleaching creams already. nothing like expensive hard core stuff sold in asia, just crema para las manchas de piel.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
must be a while you did not shop in DR. there are plenty of bleaching creams already. nothing like expensive hard core stuff sold in asia, just crema para las manchas de piel.
Do you think Sammy Sosa uses the same regular cream? If this sh#t becomes popular in a few years, just imagine all motoconchistas and colmado delivery guys with the same Sammy Sosa face skin color.... I can't stop laughing :)

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
No matter what he does to his skin color I will always have good memories associated with Sammy. When living in the DR I would get phone calls like this, "Sammy hit another one" click. My grandmother LOVED him and would call me every time he hit a home run. No conversation just that statement and then she would hang up.

I briefly taught his children and was able to get his autograph for her one day. After she died I found it laminated and being used as the bookmark in her bible.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
he could pair up with rihanna maybe? here's her photo shoot with kate moss:

yze3k.jpg

right...

The only thing your post is doing is reminding people that plenty mixed race people are naturally born with that exotic combination of features. With famous people its easy to know who's bleaching and who's naturally like that, because finding photos of when they were younger and comparing them to more recent photos, or even access to photos of what their parents looked like or an old family photo; it makes it easier to be certain who did what to themselves.

But now imagine all the people that were born looking like that because that's the combination of features they inherited and now many people probably laugh at them, lose repect for them, and might go out of their way to make sure such people know they are being disrespected because someone thinks they were bleaching when in reality they were simply born like that.

Im not talking about albinos, because there's a marked difference between their looks and of the Rhianna types.

Food for thought.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not know if i even understand your post, NALs. i posted a picture of rihanna that has been bleached to the whiteness of the croydon pale girl. i posted this picture because i can't with all this white is better stance. rihanna, beyonce, nicky minaj, they look so painfully bleached. i just do not understand why.

with your basic john or jane... i doubt many folks throw shade at them. normal people tend to stay within pretty narrow circle of friends and family, they will all know their natural look.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
i do not know if i even understand your post, NALs. i posted a picture of rihanna that has been bleached to the whiteness of the croydon pale girl. i posted this picture because i can't with all this white is better stance. rihanna, beyonce, nicky minaj, they look so painfully bleached. i just do not understand why.

with your basic john or jane... i doubt many folks throw shade at them. normal people tend to stay within pretty narrow circle of friends and family, they will all know their natural look.
There are photos on the internet of a very young Rihanna with her Guyanese mother, her younger brother, and her Irish-Barbadian father. If you search and find that photo you will understand why the photo you posted here Riahanna actually looks darker than her natural skin tone. She was bullyed as a kid in Barbados due to having quite pale looking skin and probably explains why she uses toners to artificially darken or tan her skin.

This actually is exactly what I was referring to.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh really? on the picture i posted she is the same colour as kate moss. in reality, she ain't:

2wf00mr.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sorry, i do not think the pictures are uploading well. i will try later on.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
with trujillo it is difficult to say. most pictures of him are black and white. many were likely to be edited and adjusted and i suppose he was also very much in control of his own image so unauthorized untouched snaps would be rare.

i found this picture:

dnnluc.jpg

look at his ear and neck where the collar starts. lower eyelashes seem to be touched with eyeliner too. can be the question of light or, in this case, legitimate makeup, since it looks like an official portrait. current presidents wear makeup too for TV appearances and so on.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
C'mon, the guy just wants to be white :) I believe he is not alone, that bleaching cream could become a bestseller in DR. Supermarkets could sell it together with hair relaxers, 2 in 1 value pack.

I am sure Dr could be a good Market for that BLEACHING CREAM. You are right!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Anyway, my point is that there are many people that are now getting weird looks from strangers or even bluntly disrespected or the butt of jokes because people are taking the Sosa ordeal and generalizing. Those that have the money might feel pressured to surgically modify their features to reduce the ridicule they might be facing whenever they go somewhere.

I personally have witnessed a few situations where people thinking another person was bleaching, made some of the most rude stares and bluntly rieiculed them and made sure they knew they were the butt of a joke due to the exotic combination of their features and color and many people thinking that mix of features is only possible through artificial means. I've seen Dominicans do this to other Dominicans and even expats in PP while shoping in the supermarket.

Im sure in some of those cases the ridiculed probably was bleaching but in others they were probably made to feel bad about themselves for being jabao.

Status
Not open for further replies.