Black Friday in DR

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I got email from my fiancee recently and she confirmed me that Sambil is doing Black Friday on Nov 29th. What about Agora? Blue Mall?

Will they give steep discounts or small discounts? The reason I am asking because:

I have 5 months old daughter and 2 children who is 5 and 7 plus my finacee. I want to know should I send her money via WU then she can shop there or would it better I buy products here then ship via FedEx to DR?

Any advice? Thanks! :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have never seen any decent sales in DR, ever. i went few times to local shops at "sales" time and indeed, some items were half price but they have also been eaten, partially digested and then evacuated by a rabid goat, then used to wipe the shop floor. i have not bought clothing in DR in years. buy in miami and ship to DR.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I went to a "Black Friday" sale last year, was not even worth the gas money. Not one store really had any type of "sale". So if your thinking of something similar to the "Black Friday" in the US you will be disappointed. If your in the US do your shopping there. I never got the idea of "Black Friday". Yes there were sales, some very good ones but the store would only have like 5 of those items and you would need to be one of the first in line. Through the holiday season there are always some decent sales. I look at "Black Friday" as more of a tradition kind of thing, like the day after Thanksgiving everyone starts their holiday shopping. Years ago when I was young that is when the Christmas Holiday started, decorations were put out in the stores, etc... Now by the 4th of July you get smacked in face with Christmas stuff at the stores, shopping channels, etc...By the time Christmas finally comes your already sick of it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ship from the US and use a Dominican Door to Door shipper, not another service- Always!

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you "BUY", then ship the stuff yourself, then you WILL KNOW where, and for what, the money was spent!!!
But what a nice fiance you have, sent you an email about buying things here in the DR.
That's a "KEEPER", If I EVER Saw One"!!!!!
Why does, "Like A Lamb To The SLAUGHTER" come to my mind, EVERYTIME you post about your, "Dominican FAMILY"??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC