expose on casa marina sousa

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
was watching early morning news in tampa and the had a film clip expose on vacations and lo and behold it was casa marina. they filmed cockroaches in rooms ,dirty linens etc . they also had one of the towel hand out ladies at the disco and propositioning one of the producers on film for money . they had scuba and snorkel guy offering to get marijuana for them . sounds like that's a great advertisement for north coast tourism .

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
It would be helpful and very appropriate to name the TV show/station, date and time that it was shown and a link to support your report. Ty.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I have to be honest. I stayed at Casa Marina like 12 years ago, my first time visiting DR. It was ok. Subsequent to that I lived in Sosua for a couple of years and visited 10+ times sometimes in hotels, sometimes in condos. Then I didn't visit for like the past 7-8 years. I visited Casa Marina a few weeks ago and it has gone wayyyy down. The place was flooded with old guys and prostitutes through the weekend. Someone on our floor had their room broken into and robbed - they caught the person, it was 2 prostitutes. The room was falling apart, AC was unstable, food was crap... That was what I observed in the very little time that I spent there. Love DR, love the people, don't even mind the hookers (off the resort) - but in terms of tourism, they don't need to be perfect but they do need to clean up their act BIG TIME!! I'm going down again in a couple of weeks and rented a condo from an expat - Casa Marina was not worth the $$ whatsoever.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
to ringo and jrhartley the program was inside edition and was on channel 10 cbs in tampa . just google inside edition and then type in casa marina to see all the info

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
to ringo and jrhartley the program was inside edition and was on channel 10 cbs in tampa . just google inside edition and then type in casa marina to see all the info

Just checked it, and it's not there, the write up is there, but the video is missing...."Not Found" is what the caption says re the video
Thanks anyway

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Inside Edition is not news reporting, it's a tabloid. They always twist stories to make them more dramatic. They did a similar report on the Don Juan resort in Boca Chica and found the exact same problems. Dirty, drugs and prostitutes. No soap? ask your chambermaid and she will get you some. No lock on the safe???? come on, everybody knows you need to get that from the front desk. Just bad tv.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Inside Edition is not news reporting, it's a tabloid. They always twist stories to make them more dramatic. They did a similar report on the Don Juan resort in Boca Chica and found the exact same problems. Dirty, drugs and prostitutes. No soap? ask your chambermaid and she will get you some. No lock on the safe???? come on, everybody knows you need to get that from the front desk. Just bad tv.

Inside Edition is great TV Bill O'Rielly was the anchor for that show for years and with Bill there is no spin.......but even if it's bad TV Casa Marina is just a bad hotel

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
It's great???? you must be joking. It's not a news program, it's the Enquirer of television.

Inside Edition is great TV Bill O'Rielly was the anchor for that show for years and with Bill there is no spin.......but even if it's bad TV Casa Marina is just a bad hotel

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004

Yes but I was there two weeks ago and it was not so clean and there was ALOT of prostitutes in there on the weekend. The report is not exaggerated.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Yes but I was there two weeks ago and it was not so clean and there was ALOT of prostitutes in there on the weekend. The report is not exaggerated.

The weekends are the worse because the local Dominicans get a special rate and make it a short holiday. It's a mess.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

There are also a lot of prostitutes at hotels in NY and LA, but they'll cost you more.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
That place has been on the decline for years. When I am in Sosua I sometimes use the joint as a cabana. The clerk lets me park my car out front as I am only staying a couple hours max

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
was watching early morning news in tampa and the had a film clip expose on vacations and lo and behold it was casa marina. they filmed cockroaches in rooms ,dirty linens etc . they also had one of the towel hand out ladies at the disco and propositioning one of the producers on film for money . they had scuba and snorkel guy offering to get marijuana for them . sounds like that's a great advertisement for north coast tourism .

$429 Flight, Transfer, 4 nights all you can eat and drink.
I would say she hot her moneys worth!!!

On jetBlue JFK-POP-JFK lowest $479.50, Airport transfers $RD 800 ea. way $USD40, include hotel $200 and food $200 for four days (if you are really cheap) $919.50.

Insects do live in the tropics.
The dive shop is independent operates on the beach, has a free lesson in the pool.
If the TV "journalist" would have moved the door handle up, the door would have been dead bolted- locked.
Thats what happens when you lack intelligence and are an idiotic reporter.
The towel girl is obviously an imperialist capitalist (a quality which is often missing in the DR)
and needs to be applauded.:p:p:p

If one desires a higher standard one has to pay for it and go elsewhere.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thanks for the "Heads Up" about "Casa Marina"!!!!!!
Now, when I am in Sosua , I will know WHERE TO STAY"!!!!!!
Prostitution, drugs, robberies, filthy rooms, poor service,bad food in an "AI" in the DR?????????
You remind me of someone who goes in to a major league baseball stadium, then acts surprised when the game starts!!!!!
They have prostitutes in "LA", and New York????
"Who Knew"???????
My buddy always got a "BJ" every morning from a hotel waitress.
She would deliver 2 cups of coffee and leave with the "Cr.....' Never mind!
And that was at the Embassy Suits Hotel, inside the Metro Country club!
I guess you DO, "Get What You Pay For"!!!!!!

topdeckgames

Oct 26, 2011
I am shocked, shocked to find prostitution in this establishment! Round up the usual suspects.

Drugs? Make that twice the number of usual suspects.