X mas collection agency

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I notice that the AMET has started their collection for the holiday.
They are seriously looking for gringo vehicles to stop for fantasy violations and generous donations so be careful out there. I just dodged two, one at Sosua Abajo and another starting up near Rosen.
Others will shortly follow as all the other agencies get into the seasonal swing.
(Not that I'm implying any misconduct on the part of our law keepers, of course.)
Give generously folks

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
What if Gringos had dash cams and posted on the internet Dominican cops taking bribes? What would the fallout be? Would it make a difference, what would the cops reaction be? violent?

[video=youtube;h_-8yToH7Pg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_-8yToH7Pg[/video]

Aug 6, 2006
What if Gringos had dash cams and posted on the internet Dominican cops taking bribes? What would the fallout be? Would it make a difference, what would the cops reaction be? violent?

[video=youtube;h_-8yToH7Pg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_-8yToH7Pg[/video]

Dashcams might be the downfall of corrupt police, now that they are so cheap and easily concealed.
That was French, wasn't it? How much is RM300, and where do they have RM's?

Beenaway

May 27, 2013
Just a thought... try driving around with absolutely all your paperwork in tact, not over the alcohol or speed limit, adhering to all the laws of the road.....

Then you will not have to pay... just a thought.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
And any corrupt cop will still try and get you for something whether everything is in order or not

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
RM is malaysian ringgit and 300 of them is just under 100 dollars.

and i side with beenaway. how come that i am never bothered by the police? is it because i am drive sober, my papers are in order and i have a face only a viper could love so police patrols never want to stop me in case the assface syndrome turns to be contagious?

this shtick about police harassment is growing old on me.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

and i side with beenaway. how come that i am never bothered by the police? is it because i am drive sober, my papers are in order and i have a face only a viper could love so police patrols never want to stop me in case the assface syndrome turns to be contagious?

I always have all my paperwork in order, never drink but am still subject to stopped for DWG, at least once a week, both on the NC and in the Cibao valley.

So far, i've managed to escape unscathed from all clutches, but that was because they were afraid to make off with goods destined for higher-ups.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

Yo must be very persuasive.
I have all the papers and stay within the laws as we know them and I don't get shaken down often but they are on the look out and not above inventing a violation.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yo must be very persuasive.

nope. and it is not even boobies magic. i have been stopped i think twice, maybe. both times i was flagged to go as soon as i lowered the window and said "hola". i really kinda have a face like a french bulldog licking sour pi** from dry thistle. the police does not even want to talk to me at all.

in any case, i think people often make driving in DR look a lot worse than it is. if i can drive here than anyone can. heck, i needed to call miesposo to ask him how to tun on the wipers, that's how useless i am.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Maybe I'll try that face but I think I look too gullible. Trouble is that I use my car just about daily so can't afford to stick it in the parking until after the season.
I actually thought that the AMET were pretty straight (Doh!!) until my experience a couple of months ago, now my opinion has changed for the worse.