REQUIREMENTS FOR GETTING MARRIED TO A DOMIINICAN .

C

Claire

Hi all, can anyone help me. I am planning to get married to my Dominican boyfriend in December this year. I am an English Citizen and have been told different variations of the documents that we require. Can anybody please advise of the correct procedure. Thank you

C

criss colon

Re: REQUIREMENTS FOR GETTING MARRIED TO A DOMIINIC

Congratulations Clair. I wish you a happy life together! I got married here 6 years ago. We went to the local "City Hall" one day,showed some I.D.,and the Judge came to the hotel on the night of the wedding. We signed the "Books", and got the papers a few days later at the "city Hall" Gave the judge 500 pesos to come to the hotel.Probably 1000 pesos by now! Keep us informed about how things work out! Criss

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

I said it and say it again. Get yourself a Separation of Benefits Statement from your lawyer before you marry any Dominican. If he or she refuses to sign it, you got yourself the answer you needed it. To me that is the most important document for a marriage here. If you dont believe me, come back again in a couple of years and tell me how things are going.

C

Claire

Thanks for your help Criss. Do you live in the Dominican now and were are you from originally.

G

Gini

100 % agree!! Since I have asked for does Papers his humor fadet away and also the interest to get married with me!!
He was in Europe, visiting me for two weeks, to check out what he will get. I was only one of many women beeing checked out as a future life-supporter...
It was hard to find out the sad story and it still hurds a little, but I'm more than happy it endet likes this.
I still love the Island and I'm coming back twice a year, but
I stay away from Domenican men.
Regards Gini

C

criss colon

Claire, I have lived here for about 7 years.My wife and I both have good jobs. She is 24 and I am 54.We have 2 boys with another baby coming in june. You need a good bit of $$$ to survive here. I must warn you that the Dominican culture gives men a lot of "freedoms" not tolerated in the US! I am originally from Illinois, but have lived all over the world. That is probably why I still live outside the US. It will be a true test of your love if your marriage can survive the trials of living in the DR! Again Good Luck! Criss

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Hey Criss you Illinoisan

Criss: I knew there was something funny about you...you from Illinois?..and I bet you are from some southern cornfield hick town like Decatur or Galesburg. No wonder you do the dishes at home.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Gini, not all Dominican men are alike

Gini: I am sorry you suffered the Separation of benefits Syndrome, but to some degree you are lucky. This is the way to separate the men from the boys. Take for instance, me. I am terribly honest, I dont want your money. I got that. I just want your body! So if you are 24yrs. or less, sexy and ready to party, just come have some fun, and forget about marriage. How boring.

G

Gini

Re: Gini, not all Dominican men are alike

You are just one of does I never ever wish to step into again.
Mucho bla bla para nada on this bord. With your comment you
just showed me that you are not a hint better. No background
info, but allways given your bla bla....
Gini

C

criss colon

Streator,Illinois.Thanks to my Grandpaw,we have a nice farm producing corn and soybeans, and MONEY!! I do sound like O&C don,t I? You brought it up!,not me! I make money the "OLD fashioned way,I inherite it!" PS.I don,t really do the dishes, or carry my wife,s hand bag, I just say I do to "excite" "women Haters" like "AZT" and YOU! The part about "respecting women "is" True however! Criss

E

El Jefecito

Anything outside of Crook, oops make that Cook County, is Southern Illinois and the DR has benefitted by many of living or having lived there. My debate is whether to retire in the DR or Hardin County, IL. Maybe both??

C

criss colon

As Mayor Daley,The 1st. said,"Vote early, and vote often!!! The DR. has everything,good ande bad! Where you from? Criss

E

El Jefecito

Born Kankakee, raised Hardin County (way down south along the Ohio) until moved to DR in 1960, age nine, lived SD and Cabo Rojo till 67 then on to Kingston, Jamaica. Now in Colorado Springs, CO.

C

criss colon

Streator is about a half an hour from Kankakee, "down the Hard Road" as we used to say.Criss

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

I knew it, I knew it! Only a cow pit mouth from La Salle County could be so naive. Mao, where Onions and Carrots is from is an intellectual capital next to Streator, a farm town where its biggest attractions are a couple of fast food joints. In fact 9999 out 10,000 Illinoisans dont know where it is. I stumbled on it one time looking for an antique coach wheel. Couldnt even find that.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Hey dont offend my man Daley. He is our equivalent of the PLD crooks. Where in the world is Hardin County? And how could you compare Southern Illinois to DR. I mean, no one in Southern Illinois has ever seen the Chicago Lakefront, much less a real sea, except in pictures. S.I. is the end of civilization. I am surprised they have not found the largest Tyranousaurus there. I mean again, the whole freaking thing after 40 miles out of Chicago is all corn fields. I-55 and the tollways are a red barn clonation. Every stinking town has only one main street, no people in the streets, only malls with K-marts, because thats all they buy, cheap tennis shoes and socks by the packets. Everybody drives Tauruses and SUVs