Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1379

Thread: Cabarete Diaries, part 2

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    Very nice Amigo. Yours? Did you sell your KTM? At MacDonalds getting a coffee and using their wi-fi. Two guys here from Quebec on KTM's.
    I still have two KTM's (950SM & 690 Duke), plus a 550Sm Husaberg. Two bikes here in the DR, and one in Ohio.

There was so much money and bigwigs in our group yesterday. A lot of money in bikes. I had the oldest bike in the entire group.

Frank

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    You are calling me a "racist." I want to see you back up that claim. Who exactly am i racist against? That's a pretty big accusation. I've been called a lot of things, but i have never been called a racist.

Frank
    Can someone explain to me why i received an Infraction for this response (See above)?

Frank

3. Likes Bronxboy, IslandDreaming, sylindr liked this post
    I love Gorgon!
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone explain to me why i received an Infraction for this response (See above)?

Frank
    Stop it already Frank. You were asked to cease and you are still at it -- let us talk about your open gayness please?

ps: infraction well given and deserved!

5. Likes southern, jd426 liked this post
    On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Frank
    Frank, a PM to the Mod who gave it to you may be more productive

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

What part of dv8's warning about all the off topic posts did everyone not understand?

Please keep your posts DR related, and stop the bickering.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

8. Likes DRob liked this post
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

take your petty spats to off topic where you kids belong. this is third and last warning. if you continue on this path i will issue infractions again until you get the point.

edited to add: this thread is about frank's imaginary and not so imaginary adventures. light, funny, chillaxing place. if you wish to attack frank's political/social/religious views please post in OT threads dedicated to bashing each other. if frank wishes to defend his honour may he please take it to OT as well. that's your sandpit to play in. go throw your toys at one another there.

hope it clears the matters now.
    Last edited by dv8; 07-17-2017 at 01:24 PM.

North Coast Moderator

10. Likes DRob liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 395 (Janet's Supermarket)

Meanwhile at Janet's Supermarket in Cabarete...I have a little rant and some frustration to vent.

I've spoken about this before (about once a year). Janet's insists on taking my US $500 dollar Arai Corsair motorcycle helmet (it's 8-years old now) and clipping on a metal Teeth-clip on with sharp edges onto my US $70 motorcycle visor.

Here is the problem...

1.) The visor is expensive (about $70 plus shipping to the DR). It's Ionized, treated with an Anti-Fog Coat (on the inside), with a double layer Anti-scratch coat (on the outside). It has higher definition clear coat (sort like sunglasses with UV protection as well); and its more clear than an original face shield on cheaper helmets. Janet's insists i leave it with them in their cubicle. The men handling everything are super nice, but they immediately grab my helmet visor with their fingers and the oil from their finger tips gets all over the inside and outside of my visor--which i cannot spray any detergent or harsh solutions on without it damaging the special anti-fog * anti-scratch coats on the shield. Plus, the metal clip leaves teeth mark on my visor.

Anyway...next vent.

2.) I usually have a small backpack on me that has my $1,200 dollar computer and some other stuff inside my bag. They usually insist (but not always) that i leave my computer bag with them as well. I trust them. I have no problem with them having it. The problem i have is that if someone drops it and breaks my computer screen, what then? Are they going to take responsibility, and say, "Here Frank, here's $1,200 dollars, go buy yourself a new computer." No, of course not. No one is going to do this. They will say, "How do we know if it wasn't already broken when you handed it to us." End of discussion. So, what often happens is this: I'm on my way home from work, i stop at Janet's, sometimes the men will say you have to leave your computer bag with us, i tell them that i cannot because I'm carrying lots of change for the restaurant, i have computer inside, credit cards, etc. Basically, i'm forced to exaggerate to try and keep my bag on my person. Sometimes it works (depending who is working) and sometimes it doesn't. Often times, they insist i leave it with them. Period! As a result, I'm forced to leave. Because, i really am carrying a lot of change on me ($15,000 pesos or more in my bag, and i don't want to carry it around the store in my hand). So, here I am, stuck in limbo. i have to leave the store and go home and not buy any food. Now, I'm left no choice but to order take-out at home.

And the Merry-go-round goes round and round...

3. Neither Playero, Superpola, or La Sirena (in PP) will ask for your motorcycle helmet or computer bag. In fact, they don't want any responsibility for them. La Sirena in PP, initially made you check in your motorcycle helmet and computer bags. But they quickly did away with that policy after only 6-months.

PS: in the photo, my Arai helmet is # 393 (is turned upside down). Here is the newer Model of my helmet:https://www.amazon.com/Arai-Corsair-...ds=arai+helmet

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Put the 15,000 pesos in your pocket, or is it all in change

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

If your biker pants don't have a pocket, take them to a tailor/seamstress and have a small pocket with a zipper installed,at most 300 pesos.

14. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    Put the 15,000 pesos in your pocket, or is it all in change
    Sometimes I have a packet of $100 pesos (they come $10,000 in a pack from the bank), and a packet of $50 pesos (they come $5000 to a pack), plus i also have some rolled .25 pesos, .10 pesos, and $.5 peso rolls...way too much money to fit in my pockets.

I only have this much change on me about once a week, but i always some change on me for the restaurant as an emergency. But for me, the change is not the bigger issue, it's my $1,200 laptop that i'm afraid they are going to accidentally break my computer screen. The screens are easy to break. I've broken 3 screens in the last 2.5 years. If you accidentally drop the laptop from even a moderately low height and it hits one of the corners of the laptop---guess what? You just cracked or broke the screen.

Frank