Please tell me the name of big landfill in Dominican Republic

bottles recycler

Nov 17, 2013
I will arrange an investigation on the big landfill in Dominican Republic. Discuss the plan to recycle bottles in the landfill. I appreciate whoever can help.

Let us move forward to protect environment and help poor in this country.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
vertedero de duquesa in SD. you are in for trouble, thou, because they are balls deep in rotten nappies and styrofoam plates right now.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I wonder if he recycles all his empty "SPAM" cans???????????????????????????
"Bottles", where in the DR are you now living???
Maybe I can help you, "OUT"!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Hi guys, I met up with bottle recycler yesterday - an honest guy trying to help the environment as well as start up a new business which is great. We are going to try and clear up the area of Los Corales/Bavaro - we have made contact with a number of the large residential groups and hopefully we can set up a meeting before the end of the year so that we can get the ball rolling and diminish the amount of plastic that goes to landfill or out to sea! I do believe he has his equipment in San Pedro de Macoris.

May 29, 2006
Thought I'd post this here.

7777.jpg

If they capped off the top and filled in the sides, it be pretty tough. It'd be really cool at night if it had lights on the inside...

There're enough bottles in the country you could used them like glass blocks for a non load bearing wall..

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
There is also a big landfill on the old road from PUJ to Higuey/La Romana... I have no idea what that is called. Some poor soul had built a beautiful (large) house not too far from the 'now' landfill which must stink the poor family out when the wind blows in the wrong direction. I have absolutely NO idea what this landfill is called....

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
I absolutely love this idea of using natural materials for building ... Peter thanks for adding this.. mind you Presidente bottles can be recycled, wish they had used 'white' ones (which don't get recycled) instead! Or are they wine bottles? LOL

Thought I'd post this here.

7777.jpg

If they capped off the top and filled in the sides, it be pretty tough. It'd be really cool at night if it had lights on the inside...

There're enough bottles in the country you could used them like glass blocks for a non load bearing wall..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I absolutely love this idea of using natural materials for building ... Peter thanks for adding this.. mind you Presidente bottles can be recycled, wish they had used 'white' ones (which don't get recycled) instead! Or are they wine bottles? LOL

many white bottles do get recycled here, specifically rum bottles. the rest is a hit and miss as they are used by the producers of mani, melasa, honey, juices as well as for cloro, turpentine, thinner, kerosene and other products.

every year dominicans make christmas trees from brugal or presidente bottles, to be presented in public places. :)

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Peter you obviously don't know my history, lol... last year I fell through a metal manhole cover (well to be correct when I stepped on it, it moved and I fell in the hole).. I cut my leg open to the bone and have just about recovered (over 13 months later) .. now just imagine the damage I could do to myself if that were one made out of bottles... lol, no thanks!

If only they could make manhole covers out of bottles, they could kill two birds with one stone..

May 29, 2006
One of my mom's elderly friends went through an open manhole a year or two back and broke her leg(I think it was covered with plywood?). She was in there for over an hour in cold weather and easily could have died. Lawsuit pending...

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
One of my mom's elderly friends went through an open manhole a year or two back and broke her leg(I think it was covered with plywood?). She was in there for over an hour in cold weather and easily could have died. Lawsuit pending...

OMG - how awful. Lucky for me an AMET guy saw me fall in, he and a security guy got me out - I was bleeding pretty heavily, I don't think I would have lasted an hour, plus I wasn't fully in the hole as I was able to break my fall with my arms... Now I don't walk on anything that is a 'lid'.. if lawsuit works, do let me know, I would be interested in the outcome. The lawyers I spoke to laughed at me and some didn't even bother returning my call... I did send a letter and photos to the Ministry of Tourism but got nowhere with it.

May 29, 2006
Lawsuits work in the US. In the DR, you'd be SOL. I get a chuckle when hear about someone having a poolside slip and fall and then want to sue the hotel from abroad..