Upstairs hotel right on el conde

TimeOut

Nov 4, 2007
If your walking to the parque there is a hotel about half way up the conde on the left hand side.
It is up a flight of stairs.

Anyone know the name, #, prices or have any experiences with it.

I like the location and it appears not to be very expensive.
Other suggestions welcome.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Walking toward Parque Independencia or Colon? Maybe the Aparta Roma I?

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Could be the hotel Penalbe? 809 688 7121 - located on the corner of Esq. Arzobispo Merino? It has a caf? underneath? If it is then the prices are around $54 per night for a one bed... have stayed there a couple of times, you get free breakfast from downstairs caf?/restaurant. It is a little expensive but it is right in the centre of Colonial zone, it is clean, staff helpful (even helped me to get a cheaper taxi to bus station and airport)..

TimeOut

Nov 4, 2007
Walking toward Parque Independencia or Colon? Maybe the Aparta Roma I?

Walking towards Parque Colon its on the left upstairs, maybe before the Police Station.
Definitely on the Conde not on any side streets.

TimeOut

Nov 4, 2007
Could be the hotel Penalbe? 809 688 7121 - located on the corner of Esq. Arzobispo Merino? It has a caf? underneath? If it is then the prices are around $54 per night for a one bed... have stayed there a couple of times, you get free breakfast from downstairs caf?/restaurant. It is a little expensive but it is right in the centre of Colonial zone, it is clean, staff helpful (even helped me to get a cheaper taxi to bus station and airport)..

I know that hotel although I never stayed there.
It the $54 room very small, does t have a queen size bed?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I think I know it and had a look in once, inspected the room and walked out again. It doesn't have a cafe underneath, it's just a door leading immediately onto steep red carpeted stairs. You can just about get a bed in the rooms and little else. I seem to remember it was RD1200 per night or RD500 for 3 hours around 3 years ago. It's a knocking shop, wear a full body condom if staying there. Dunno the name, like. I said I walked straight out.

TimeOut

Nov 4, 2007
Monumental Hotel.

That's it thanks Mike

Thanks Smart I wont even bother looking but let me ask you guys another question,

Walking past the Hard Rock making a left on the corner there are a few hotels.
Any ideas of names, prices and reviews. Not too expensive as I know one of them is.
I

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
That's it thanks Mike

Thanks Smart I wont even bother looking but let me ask you guys another question,

Walking past the Hard Rock making a left on the corner there are a few hotels.
Any ideas of names, prices and reviews. Not too expensive as I know one of them is.
I

After you make the left..on the left side of Calle Isabella la Catholica is Hostal La Colonia(l) and on the right is the HODELPA Caribe Colonial. Both are OK. Hodelpa is more glamour for the tourist crowd. Used to be a regular visitor but have been disappointed recently in cleanliness for the prices( $69 to 99 plus 28% tax).

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Yep, can hardly move in the room but it is ok if you are only staying a night or two (max) and is (very importantly) clean!

I know that hotel although I never stayed there.
It the $54 room very small, does t have a queen size bed?

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I found the discovery hotel next to parque independencia very good...rooms were clean ,a decent size,security very good,private parking if needed and they even have a small pool on the roof...cost about $50-$60 a night

TimeOut

Nov 4, 2007
After you make the left..on the left side of Calle Isabella la Catholica is Hostal La Colonia(l) and on the right is the HODELPA Caribe Colonial. Both are OK. Hodelpa is more glamour for the tourist crowd. Used to be a regular visitor but have been disappointed recently in cleanliness for the prices( $69 to 99 plus 28% tax).

I remember the one on the right it has a porch area on the second floor overlooking the street.
That was a $35 place a few years ago. $69 to $99 plus 28% way too much.

Any other suggestions right near Colon Park but not on top of it, clean, safe, not too expensive
Nothin Fancy. Weekly rates work.