Searching for this school, does it exist?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Centro educativo Melina,
Calle manolo tavarez justo,
Esquina El progreso #5
La Caleta,
Santo domingo.

The exact address may not be correct, but I can't even find the school listed on a general google search elsewhere.

I understand this could be a public school, but as there is apparently a monthly fee of RD1200 + RD1200 subscription and the fact it is apparently in la Caleta I have my doubts on how accurate this info is. I can't imagine the people of la Caleta living on the edge paying RD1200 for a kids education.

Can anyone educate me on any of this please?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Is hillbilly about? I understand he might be able to find out if this place does exist or not.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Ok, new approach. Seems all the teachers are at school. Where can I contact to find out if this place exists?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm not "SMART" like YOU, but I do have "Common Sense"!!!!!!
Here's a BIG HINT!
"Google Is Your Friend"!!! I got a "HIT" on my first try!!!!
They even have a map so you can find the school.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not "SMART" like YOU, but I do have "Common Sense"!!!!!!
Here's a BIG HINT!
"Google Is Your Friend"!!! I got a "HIT" on my first try!!!!
They even have a map so you can find the school.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Really, I have been googling it for weeks (and I did mention it in the original post if you look)and got nothing at all. Let me try again!

Well the only hits I'm getting are directing me to my post asking if it exists. You have a map? Send/post me the link please.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
It is not a school, it is a house and for some reason is listed all over as a school. I called her weeks, maybe months ago, and it's not in la Caleta. Good effort though, thanks for that at least. Now see if we can find the one in la Caleta.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Here's their phone #, call and ask your questions:

(809) 273-2665

It is not a school, I've called umpteen times and she says she is fed up. This is the whole confusion. There is a reason behind my seemingly stupidity (or just lost) on this.

If I can prove this place does not exist I will be very very happy, well at least feel all the finger work and gasoline has gotten me somewhere.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It is not a school, I've called umpteen times and she says she is fed up. This is the whole confusion. There is a reason behind my seemingly stupidity on this.

Hmmm, if their phone # has been given to someone else, they may have closed down. Why not drive to La Caleta to where the school is SUPPOSED to be, and see what's there? Resp Progreso 8, Santo Domingo is the address listed.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I have been to la Caleta to where it is supposed to be on numerous occasions over the last couple of months. I've driven around for hours, I've asked moto conchos and no one knows. But that means nothing, many streets have no name in la Caleta, and no one goes to school so wouldn't be that surprising no one knew.

It's very serious and confusing situation, I just need to exhaust everything before I make my next step.

It's #5 on some.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Is it absolutely absurd that a bunch of skanks who had fathered children to foreigners and wanted to con them out of money created a fake school on the net so that the fathers while abroad could google and be satisfied the place does exist and his money is going to a good cause. Is that really too intelligent for these skanks or is it devious enough that they all know to use the same school?
Or is my mind over active on this. Since I've been involved I've been on it and I'm right here, and still can't find the place.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't put a raw dick into that skank, maybe? or it that too much to ask?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Hey, stop getting bitchy about the skanks, polkas arent the only ones who can marry 'up' on this island.:classic:

Sorry, but it's about to be dragged off topic if we go down that road.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you started the skank subject yourself. and how dare you say i married up? there is no one greater than myself.

anyway, i think your school does not exist. i googled it and it's just not convincing to me at all. these days anything can be centro educativo. centro educativo de masaje/technologia/musica.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I figure the same, I've exhausted all lines of investigation. Lying about such a thing in tribunal wouldn't go down well here I guess.
That's something I like to know, what lying in a court carries? I know people are lying all the time and it's fine, but these are people of significance, the people I am talking about are barely recognised, by anyone, and certainly no money.

Nah, alright, judges probably flip coins on truth or lie.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
apparently such lie is punishable. but of course DR has all the laws in this world only no one executes them. i think you should really talk to a lawyer here. not sure how is your financial situation but a consult may prove to be a good investment. if you decide on this then make a list of issues and ask one after another so you are sure you have all the answers you need.

good luck, man. you will need it :(

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
It's funny, been trying to get a directory of all (or most) schools in the DR, and can't get one with them all or majority, or even more than about 30 or 40 on it.
UK schools directory, 27,000 listed, population about 60 million
DR schools directory, 40 listed, population, about 10 million

No wonder no one goes to school, they can't find the flocking things:confused: