Ticket prices for live kids' show

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Not sure if anyone will have a clue about this, but I want to take my daughter to see a Dora the Explorer Live show in December but will need to purchase the tickets online. The problem is, I can't get ahold of anyone at the ticket place to ask if tickets are the same price for children under 2 as they are for adults and I don't want to pay full price if she ends up free. I know in Canada/USA, there are times when everyone pays full price but other times it is free for anyone under 2, as they can sit on your lap (same rule as airplanes). Has anyone been to one of these sort of shows before in Santo Domingo or Santiago? Any ideas? Thanks!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I'd like to know more about Dora, give me the details, where and when and I'll pop along in the morning and see what is going on. I didn't know such things exist here, but I know a little girl who'd go crazy to see real life Dora.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
It is on December 8th in Santo Domingo at 3pm and 7pm. It is at the Palacio de los Deportes Virgilio Travieso Soto. There are different prices depending on where you want to be in the stadium ranging from 500 pesos in the back to 2500 pesos to be right up in front of Dora. If you do end up going along there, do you think you would be able to ask about where tickets can be purchased around the city other than at the main office? I have a friend in Santo Domingo who is able to pick up tickets for us if needed (online purchase is not working.. surprise surprise) but I wanted to find the closest place to her as I know they are for sale in a number of locations. Otherwise, if you are buying tickets yourself, I could even Paypal you the money if you could pick up a 2 'explorers club' tickets for us? That would be amazing! I know they definitely sell them at:

Uepa Tickets
Bella Vista Mall, tercer nivel. local 12C

and

Movie Max Piantini
Abrahan Lincoln esquina V?ctor Garrido Puello

but I had seen a longer list of locations which now doesn't seem to be showing up on the website.

Let me know if you find out anymore! Thanks! :)

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
You can buy the tickets online at Uepa tickets, Bella vista. Sorry I got caught up in stuff this weekend and haven't had a chance to consider any of this just yet.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You can buy the tickets online at Uepa tickets, Bella vista. Sorry I got caught up in stuff this weekend and haven't had a chance to consider any of this just yet.

I was told you can purchase them online provided you have a credit card issued by a Dominican bank.

http://uepatickets.com/

Main office is on the third floor at Bella Vista Mall or you can also try Movie Max.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.....(online purchase is not working.. surprise surprise)....

Are you currently outside of the Dominican Republic and using a non Dominican issued credit card? Reason I ask is the same thing happened to me a month ago when I was in the USA trying to purchase tickets.

Please note, although MovieMax on Pasteur in Gascue is listed as a place to purchase tickets that location is closed. I found out the hard way.