Taking a camera into a tribunal court hearing?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Is it legal to take a camera into a courthouse, into a tribunal hearing and film your own court case proceedings?

Not interested in filming the audience, only the subjects and the judge and their conduct.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It is not a problem here in the DR
They encourage people to video tape all court proceedings for a permanent record!
Please let me know when, and where, you will be video taping, I want to see THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
We missed you at the "Boat House" for Thanksgiving.
Were you in Jail???????

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
It is not a problem here in the DR
They encourage people to video tape all court proceedings for a permanent record!
Please let me know when, and where, you will be video taping, I want to see THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
We missed you at the "Boat House" for Thanksgiving.
Were you in Jail???????

I was all ready to go down until Frank said there was no more tickets, I ended up eating at a chicken place down the road on Las Americas. I'm not the kind of guy to go sit and watch others eating while I slaver away over a bag of peanuts. Maybe Xmas!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
It depends! You can?t film an arraignment hearing but anyone is free to film a trial.

Interesting, and if a foreigner was refused an independent translator to the bench (or infact sent from the bench after previously being allowed in) that would be illegal, by the judge, and any rulings would be worthless, correct?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The court usually allows filming, except in special circumstances (Art. 309 of the Code of Penal Procedure).

As in the U.S., high-profile cases have been broadcasted live to the public; for example, the Baninter case.