Dominican Actor Elvis Nolasco

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominican Actor Elvis Nolasco Works with Hollywood Director Spike Lee Again in the Film 'OldBoy'

Jessica Medina, Yahoo Contributor Network

Elvis Nolasco- Born and raised in New York City, was drawn to entertainment from a young age. He spent evenings dancing to Latin music in his Dominican family home. His love for salsa music led to an interest in break dancing, where he spent nights dancing with the legendary break dancers Soul Sonic Rockers. His ability and style would later help to open doors to establish a solid career that spans film, theater and television.
He studied acting in Philadelphia and began winning a succession of leading roles in theaters around the city including the Arden, Freedom Theater, Walnut Street Theater and American Musical Theater Festival.

It was not long before Elvis was picked to co-star in the hit comedy "I Like It Like That" with Lauren Velez and Academy, Grammy, Tony and Emmy Award-winning actress, Rita Morena. After that he was casted by Spike Lee for the film "Clockers" with Mekhi Phifer and Delroy Lindo. Elvis began building a line of great performances in several independent hits, including his critically acclaimed role in the film "In Search of a Dream," the first all-Spanish speaking cast sanctioned by the Screen Actors Guild and the number one grossing independent Latino film.

Elvis Nolasco has guest starred in several television series including "Law & Order," "NYPD Blue," "Law & Order SVU" and "Third Watch." He appeared in the recurring role as Abe in the Spike Lee series, "Miracle Boys." In addition, he continues to appear on stage, working both off Broadway and regional theater including New York Theater Works, Baltimore Center Stage, Young Playwright Festival and INTAR.

Elvis currently tours a one-man show "The Brief Wondrous Life Of Oscar Wao" based on the 2007 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Junot Diaz in conjunction with The American Place Theater. Elvis has numerous projects on the way including working with Spike Lee again in the film "Oldboy" alongside Samuel Jackson, Elizabeth Olsen, and Josh Brolin.

I spoke to Elvis and this is what he shared with me:

Tell me about your character in "Oldboy."

My character is called "Cortez", a religious quirky and quintessential character. He is sidekick to Chaney (Samuel L Jackson) who runs a non-government long-term prison that delivers extreme physiological torture. The prisoner in this case happens to be Joe Doucett (Josh Brolin) who is imprisoned for 20 yrs.

Who is in the film and how was your working relationship with these actors?

I was blessed to have all my scenes opposite the three leads of the film: Josh Brolin, Sam Jackson and Elizabeth Olsen. It was truly a pleasure and a blessing to work with all three. Each offered a unique approach to the craft, one that I strongly feel brings a lot of character and unique personality to the film.

Where was the movie filmed and when does it premiere?

The movie was filmed completely in New Orleans. It will be released on November 27, 2013.

Check out the trailer/feature interviews: Oldboy Featurette (2013) - Josh Brolin, Samuel L. Jackson Movie HD - YouTube

What will be the next project you will be working in?

My next performance will on October 12 in the play One Man Show "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" I will be acting in the Langston Hughes Theater in Queens, NY.I have also some other film projects on the works which at this time I can disclose information on but will let you know soon.

Published by Jessica Medina
Jessica Medina, is one of the most well-rounded professional individual in the Communications Field. Born in New York City and of Dominican descent with many different talents and experience within the Communications field as a Bilingual Reporter, Actress, Producer, Writer (Blog), and also Sales/Marketing/Traffic experience. Her background in both on camera and off camera for different Networks has made her able to master almost all areas of the world of Communications. She is not only great talent but also very skilled in the corporate world. Jessica is also the Founder of Loving Curves Collective a company the collectively works with Independent Designers who also cater to women who are curvy.

Dominican Actor Elvis Nolasco Works with Hollywood Director Spike Lee Again in the Film 'OldBoy' - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com