Shopping for women

R

Rebecca

Hi guys, I?m new in the DR (Sosua) as of two weeks and was wondering if anyone out there could recommend some good shopping for women (clothes)? I know the North Coast doesn?t have the equivalent of Bond Street or 5th Ave, but still. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Love, Rebecca.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Come to Santo Domingo and we will show you clothes by any designer in the world. Nothing to envy 5th. Avenue. In fact, we got more Versace boutiques than 5th. Avenue and Madison Avenue together. Just in my block alone we got the largest Liz Claiborne boutique in the world, Ralph Lauren Polo Boutique, Nautica, Guess, Tommy Hilfiger, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci,Hugo Boss, GoodMan Shoes, Brass Boot,Oscar de la Renta, and many more. If you can find it in New York, we got it here between Abraham Lincoln and Churchill Avenue, Roberto Pastoriza and Gustavo Mejia Ricart Avenue. And for men too. There are more boutiques in this area than Oak and Chestnut Streets in Chicago and more than in Palm Beach.

C

criss colon

....and most, if not all, is Korean "knock-offs" which wouldn,t be bad if they sold the stuff at 10 cents on the dollar like in Mexico,but these thieves think that if you sell "fakes" in a fancy store you can charge more than if they were original!!! Let the buyer beware! "Kris de Colonia" mon cher, viola!

R

Rebecca

Surely they would be prosecuted if they operated under a fake, say, Versace name, company logo, interior, the boutique itself, etc? And only an idiot would mistake a corner shop for a designer shop, no? Sounds weird to me.

C

criss colon

The shops "look" fantastic the merchandise too, just "Fake" We had a "McDowals" restaurant here for years, Even had the "Golden Arches" never prosecuted. Welcome to "Dodge City Kansas,circa 1880!Criss It is a great play to live, just be careful!

R

Rebecca

Seriously - McDowals?? OK, I?ll beware of Nuccis and Cersaces : )

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Hey Criss where do you buy en la Duarte?

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

The places I mentioned are legit. Criss shops at Duarte St. The chopos paradise.Never mind him.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

There is a boutique on top of Trio cafe in Piantini called Mykonos where I get my Versace clothes and accessories. All legit. I am sure you can tell the difference in stitching from a real Gucci,Hermes or Louis Vitton Bag and a fake made in Mexico or right here. Only people like Criss, from Southern Illinois have never seen a Hermes boutique in their lives.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: *** Yes, lots of knock offs, buyer beware! ***

Dolores: Granted there are lots of knockoffs everywhere, but only for the uneducated in fashion. People who buy quality can tell quality from fakes. I can tell a fake Louis Vitton Bag from 25 ft.away. In fact, I have lots of fun when I walk around the malls here with a girlfriend and I spot one of these rich, but uneducated women showing their fakes and I point them to my girlfriend from far away. All I have to do is look at the leather used and the stitching. You cant even pass by me a Tommy Hilfiger mans shirt without knowing is a fake. Even their labels are fake. Versace, Armani and CK belts sold at Plaza Lama on Churchill for $200 pesos are such bad imitations you can spot them from the mezzanine. Shoes are even easier to spot. You may have more difficulty with sunglasses because even designers are using cheap materials to make their own. But good cotton, linen and wool are hard to imitate.

D

DR1

Actually its....

Rob :) Dolores is away in Spain.

I agree with you 100%, as I said, "buyer beware".

*** But good cotton, linen and wool are hard to imitate ***
This is true, this is why I have all my suits made in Thailand, better than the real thing :)

Rob.

P

Pib

Ditto!

I can testify that TW is right on this one (it was about time he was right about something). Mykonos used to be a customer of my company, we picked up their merchandise in Italy. Doesn't get any more Italian than that.

S

sharon

Is this Lliam's Mom? We met at the Rue - if it is Ashley & Joshua say hi. Let us know if you are moved in yet .

J

John

Criss buy in Supermercado Pola

i shop in EMPHASIS , plaza La Lira and Diamond Mall, i buy all my Versaces, D&G and Gianfranco Ferre clothes. all ORIGINAL imported from Italy. very expensive of course.
I think Criss wants to talk about everything. if you dont know about good clothes, please shut up.
by the way, where do you get you fakes clothes? in Plaza Lama, supermercado Pola or Anthony?

C

Claudia

Rebecca, you can also go to Santiago, they have nice stores and it's closer to you.

C

criss colon

Re: Actually its....

Dr1,those Indian tailor shops do a great job don,t they?TW is right about 1 thing, I never buy "Designer Label" thats for the "new money!" We have all our clothes "made to order" Don,t you just love it when the "nuvo rich" try to "pass?" Criss