Cabarete to Jarabacoa?

bodegas

Nov 10, 2013
What's the easiest way to get from Cabarete (or Sosua) to Jarabacoa please?

We're fine with taking a Gaugua or two but would like an easy bus ride for most of it if possible?

Thank you!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Caribe tours, Sosua - La Vega...... La Vega - Jarabacoa..... carito publico Cabarete - Sosua to Caribe tours first.....

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Just did this trek 2 weeks ago from Sosua using the mountain. It tool about 2 1/2 hours to Gran Jiminoa in a car rental - not sure how much time would be added if using public transit. It will be worth it Jarabacoa was really beautiful. Tip: Gran Jiminoa was an outstanding hotel and very affordable. If you do the horseback riding to the falls beware - they will say 1 1/2 hours - when we did it, it took almost 4 hours and I could not walk properly after for about 2 days (broken butt) lol.

bodegas

Nov 10, 2013
Caribe tours, Sosua - La Vega...... La Vega - Jarabacoa..... carito publico Cabarete - Sosua to Caribe tours first.....

Thank you!

Anybody happen to know off the top of your head when the bus to Jarabacoa leaves la vega? I haven't been able to figure that out.

The Jarabacoa bus leaves Santo Domingo at 7 and 10 if that helps.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I took a guagua from La Vega to Jarabacoa. 80 peso one way. Think they leave at least once a hour.