New Decree for All Foreigners

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Danilo Medina has signed a new decree which affects ALL foreigners, not only Haitians: [English follows]

29 Noviembre 2013, 08:20 PM
Danilo emite decreto que instituye Plan de Regularizaci?n de Extranjeros
El extranjero que desea acogerse al Plan deber? hacer una solicitud dentro de un plazo de 18 meses

SANTO DOMINGO.-El presidente Danilo Medina emiti? hoy el decreto 327-13 que instituye el Plan Nacional de Regularizaci?n de Extranjeros en Situaci?n Migratoria Irregular en Rep?blica Dominicana, a los fines de conducirlos a adquirir un estatus de legalidad documental.

Seg?n la disposici?n presidencial, el extranjero que desea acogerse al acuerdo deber? hacer una solicitud dentro de un plazo de 18 meses a partir de la puesta en vigencia del mismo.

En tanto que el art?culo 4 del decreto se?ala que los extranjeros radicados irregularmente y que en el tiempo de duraci?n previsto en el Plan Nacional de Regularizaci?n de Extranjeros no califiquen o no se acojan a las previsiones de regularizaci?n establecidas quedar?n sujetos a la deportaci?n, de conformidad con la Constituci?n y las leyes.

Adem?s, establece como ?rgano responsable de este plan el Ministerio de Interior y Polic?a, a trav?s de la Direcci?n General de Migraci?n que es el ?rgano encargado de la aplicaci?n del plan.

El Poder Ejecutivo dotar? de los recursos a Interior y Polic?as para la realizaci?n de una campa?a de informaci?n, en varios idiomas, de los alcances del Plan para los extranjeros en situaciones migratorias irregular.

"Para los nacidos en terrotorio dominicano hijos de padres extranjeros en condici?n migratoria irregular a quienes no le correspond?a la nacionalidad dominicana conforme a la normativa vigente, le asistir? la potestad de acogerse a un proceso especial para la naturalizaci?n de hijos de madres extranjeras no residentes, inscritos en el Registro Civil", se indica en el art?culo 8 del decreto.

El gobierno dice que con el decreto 327-13 se cumple as? el objetivo de dotar al pa?s de una regulaci?n migratoria moderna, transparente y funcional, para los extranjeros en situaci?n migratoria irregular. La disposici?n permitir?, tanto ejercer la soberan?a nacional, como dar protecci?n legal a los extranjeros en territorio dominicano, independientemente de su pa?s de origen.

Se crean, adem?s, mecanismos expeditos y de acompa?amiento para la tramitaci?n de las diferentes categor?as migratorias (residencias permanentes, temporales o no inmigrantes), en beneficio de todas las personas que deban acogerse a esta regulaci?n y satisfagan los requisitos establecidos.

Entre los criterios que demuestran un v?nculo con la sociedad dominicana, se contar? tener hijos nacidos en el pa?s, haber cursado estudios en territorio dominicano, saber hablar y escribir espa?ol, residir en un domicilio fijo, convivir con un dominicano y carecer de antecedentes penales.

El decreto tambi?n establece la necesidad de que el extranjero demuestre v?nculos de tipo laboral o socioecon?mico con nuestro pa?s. Los criterios designados para acceder a esta categor?a son: tener constancia de un grado educativo, poseer propiedades muebles o inmuebles, cuentas bancarias o referencias comerciales, contar con un empleo regular durante el tiempo de su permanencia y ejercer un oficio t?cnico certificado.

Ver el decreto completo

Presentar? proyecto de Ley de Naturalizaci?n

De acuerdo a lo dispuesto en el decreto 327-13, en las pr?ximas semanas el gobierno dar? a conocer un proyecto de ley de naturalizaci?n especial, que ser? remitido al Congreso Nacional.

Sobre esta disposici?n, el Ministro de la Presidencia, Gustavo Montalvo, afirm? que "en ning?n caso puede confundirse con una amnist?a, como err?neamente se ha mencionado.

"Se trata, sencillamente, de una iniciativa de ley que nuestro pa?s necesitaba hace tiempo y que permitir?, junto al plan de regularizaci?n, establecer reglas claras, coherentes y predecibles, que definan con criterios justos qui?nes pueden acceder a la nacionalidad dominicana, qui?nes son residentes legales y qui?nes son visitantes", explic?.
De Omar Santana

Google Translation:

Danilo issues decree establishing Regularization of Foreigners Plan
A foreigner who wishes to avail the Plan shall make an application within 18 months

SANTO DOMINGO-President Danilo Medina today issued the decree establishing the National 327-13 Regularization Plan Foreigners in Irregular Migration Situation in the Dominican Republic, in order to lead them to acquire legal status of documentary.

According to the presidential decree, abroad who want to benefit from the agreement must make an application within 18 months from the enactment thereof. Whereas Article 4 of the decree states that foreigners residing illegally and that the expected duration in the National Plan for the Regularization of Foreigners do not qualify or do not benefit from the provisions established regularization will be subject to deportation pursuant to the Constitution and laws. further states responsible body of this plan, the Ministry of Interior and Police , through the Directorate General of Immigration which is the body responsible for implementing the plan.

The Executive will provide the resources to Interior and Police to carry out an information campaign in several languages, the scope of the Plan foreigners in an irregular immigration status.

"For those born on Dominican terrotorio children of foreign parents in irregular immigration status did not belong to Dominican nationality under current legislation, will assist the power to benefit from a special process for naturalization children of foreign mothers nonresidents enrolled in the Registry, "stated in Article 8 of the decree. The government says the decree 327-13 thus fulfills the objective of providing the country with a modern, transparent regulation and immigration functional for foreigners in an irregular situation. The arrangement will allow both exercise national sovereignty, such as giving legal protection to foreigners in Dominican territory, regardless of their country of origin. was also created to support and expedite the processing of different immigration categories (permanent residences mechanisms temporary or non-immigrant) for the benefit of all people should benefit from this regulation and meet the requirements.

Among the criteria that demonstrate a link with the Dominican society, will have children born in the country, having studied in the territory Dominican, able to speak and write Spanish, reside at a fixed address, living with a Dominican and no criminal record.

Decree also establishes the need for foreign labor or show links socioeconomic our country. The criteria designated to access this category are: be satisfied educational degree, own real or personal property, bank accounts or trade references, have a regular job during the time of your stay and exert a certified technician job. decree View Full Present Naturalization Bill According to the provisions of Decree 327-13, in the coming weeks the government will present a bill of special naturalization, which will be submitted to Congress. About this provision, the Minister of Presidency Gustavo Montalvo said that "in no case be confused with amnesty, as erroneously mentioned. "This is simply a bill that our country needed some time and will allow beside the regularization plan , to establish clear, consistent and predictable rules, with fair criteria that define who can access the Dominican nationality, who are legal residents and who are visitors, "he said.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Too much to read and a lot doesn't make sense. Can someone simplify so we can all understand it?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Se crean, adem?s, mecanismos expeditos y de acompa?amiento para la tramitaci?n de las diferentes categor?as migratorias (residencias permanentes, temporales o no inmigrantes), en beneficio de todas las personas que deban acogerse a esta regulaci?n y satisfagan los requisitos establecidos.

"It also creates expedited mechanisms for the processing of different immigration categories (permanent residence, temporary or non-immigrant) for the benefit of all people who fall under this regulation and meet the established requirements."

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
"It also creates expedited mechanisms for the processing of different immigration categories (permanent residence, temporary or non-immigrant) for the benefit of all people who fall under this regulation and meet the established requirements."

I am just an uneducated pig. This just adds to my confusion

palito de koko

Nov 23, 2013
Great :ermm:, foreigners that have spent thousand of dollars to get their residencies done can stay and foreigners that didn't spend a dime can stay as well :D

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Great :ermm:, foreigners that have spent thousand of dollars to get their residencies done can stay and foreigners that didn't spend a dime can stay as well :D

Where does it say that? They will be given a year and a half(18 months) to get it done. Meaning they will still have to pay to acquire their residency.

Can you explain this: Foreigners that didn't spend a dime can stay as well.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
An alien may choose to be assisted deportation

Those who in one year and six months do not benefit the National Reorganization Plan would be subject to deportation.

In a year and six months all foreigners who do not avail themselves of the Regulation Plan may opt for assisted deportation and failing will be subject to deportation, for living illegally in Dominican Republic, sets the legal system and pointed in the decree issued last night by the Executive.

The decree does not exempt any nationality 327-13 because all foreigners living in the country, must comply with the terms and conditions for settlement in an irregular situation, who are residing in the territory of the Dominican Republic.

Within eighteen months is granted for regulation from the enactment thereof.

"Foreigners who are not benefiting from the plan may choose assisted repatriation and in default are subject to deportation" as provided by law.

The decree establishes the criteria used to establish the time of filing, attachment to society and labor and socio-economic conditions of foreigners in the Dominican Republic.

Roberto de Marchena, presidential spokesperson, said that "thus fulfilling the aim of providing the country with a transparent and functional for foreigners in irregular situation modern immigration regulation."

That will allow explained, exercise national sovereignty, such as giving legal protection to foreigners in Dominican territory, regardless of their country of origin.

President Danilo Medina on Friday issued Decree 327-13 that establishes the government as it fulfills the mandate of the General Migration Law 285-04 and the provisions of the Constitutional Court judgment TC/0168/13.

The decree provides for the creation residencial also expedited and accompanying mechanisms for dealing with different immigration categories (permanent residence, temporary or non-immigrant) for the benefit of all people should benefit from this regulation and meet the requirements established.

Note

Foreigners applying to legalize their immigration status must show link to Dominican society, having children born in the country, having studied in Dominican Republic, able to speak and write Spanish, living in a homeless, living with a / one Dominican and have no criminal record.

Demonstrate occupational or socioeconomic ties with our country.

Todo extranjero podr?a optar por deportaci?n asistida -

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sounds like all the gringos who have lived in DR without papers better get started on the process. I have an American girlfriend who has lived in SD since 1976, never bothered with residency. A mess for her because I think the residency process still has to begin in your country of origin, but she's lived here almost 40 years, won't be easy for her to file from USA.

If they actually do this deportation, what about the homes some expats own?

I think all of this began about the Haitians, but now that the world is watching it will be applied across the board. They can't get around that.

I've begun collecting the paperwork I need, easier for me as a woman married to a Dominican because I can apply directly for citizenship instead of residency. I would have never bothered otherwise.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
This confuses me more everyday. If u live 6 months in 6 months out, dont work in dr, own propety, married a dominicana.
Are u a visitor ( as before and pay ure overstay) or are u an illegal??

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This confuses me more everyday. If u live 6 months in 6 months out, dont work in dr, own propety, married a dominicana.
Are u a visitor ( as before and pay ure overstay) or are u an illegal??

Good question, I'm in the same exact boat as you are. For those of us married to Dominicans, it's easy and cheap enough to become a Naturalized Dominican, "just in case".

You can do it yourself and avoid legal fees, it's not that complicated. Matilda has posted the requirements a couple of times.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I may be being very stupid, but is this not the regulation to do with those children born in the country of people here illegally and not to do with those here illegally. So those kids born here to two illegal parents who previously had nationality have 18 months to sort their status out, not necessarily the illegal parents. Or am I wrong?

Matilda

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
It seems to be easier one way ( foreign woman), than the other ( foreign man ). Diffrent dr embassys have told me diffrent storys as has the officina de la migration de la zona norte in santiago. I do need to do something about it, especially on the drving licence issue.

The omly thing that gets me is back in switzerland a domincan national marrys a swiss lass or man, and there u go no process no nothing u get residency ( nationality after a certain number of years ). This is not our cas cos my wife is a double national swiss/ dr and I m british. But all the same its ironic that it should be easier for dominicans abroad than for foreigners in the dr ( no put down, just that it is a diffrent kind of immigration, and there is more dominicans wanting to go abroad than forgners wanting to come to the dr )

Thanks for the info.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It seems to be easier one way ( foreign woman), than the other ( foreign man ). Diffrent dr embassys have told me diffrent storys as has the officina de la migration de la zona norte in santiago. I do need to do something about it, especially on the drving licence issue.

The driver's license is a big issue for me too.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"REAL MEANING"!
1., "If You Are "BLACK", meaning "Haitiano" ,..."Get Back"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2., "If you Are "Brown", You can "Hang Around"!!!!!
3., "If You are "WHITE", ..."You are "All Right"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"This is just a ploy to show the extremly upset International Community, that the "LAW" is to be applied to ALL foreigners, not just those "Disgusting "Haitianos"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 21, 2007
And through the process, they do stuff that doesn't make sense. I have been here almost 9 years. Applied for temporary residency. Gathered all the paperwork outside the country. Jumped through all the hoops with translation and apostille. Went down to SD within the required time period after getting the visa in my Passport. Four months later, immigration tells me that I am refused because my criminal check was too old. By that date, it was still less than one year old.

I own a home here. Not a cheap one, either. I have a foundation and do charity work for the poor- Dominicans and Haitians.

Why do I feel something doesn't make sense?

Got another criminal check. Submitted it. And am still waiting to hear if I am now good enough for this country.

Lindsey

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I read and re read the original post and got the same as Matilda, that most of this has to deal with children born to two illegal parents. Most of those are Haitians. Most of us expats are just being drawn into this as a means to quiet the international comunity

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Not just illegal Haitians( close to one million) but also other illegal foreigners from other nationalities but the numbers are not as large as illegal Haitians.

But it does pertain to ALL illegals.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I read and re read the original post and got the same as Matilda, that most of this has to deal with children born to two illegal parents. Most of those are Haitians. Most of us expats are just being drawn into this as a means to quiet the international comunity

I agree, it's an effort so show all illegals are in the same boat, not just the Haitians.

Not just illegal Haitians( close to one million) but also other illegal foreigners from other nationalities but the numbers are not as large as illegal Haitians.

But it does pertain to ALL illegals.

Yup, that's how I read it too.

Let's face it, in the USA you're illegal if you're a Mexican who swam across the Rio Grande, drove in from Canada, or if you landed in First Class Cabin at JFK and overstayed your visa. Why would it be any different in DR? I won't take a chance on the "I'm white, it's okay" defense.