Dominican truckers scared to travel to Haiti

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011

The media war against the Dominican Republic, which has carried misinformation and continues to do so, has incited Haitians in Haiti to increased levels of violence. As a result, Dominican truckers transporting supplies to Haiti are refusing to travel there. They say they are assaulted with rocks and fear for their lives and their cargo. The truckers say that those who want the cargo will have to travel to the border to pick it up, as reported in Diario Libre. The newspaper adds that after the case of the murder of two elderly Dominicans in Neyba, allegedly by Haitians, several Haitians chose to leave the country voluntarily. They asked to spend the night with protection at the military command on the border because they could not find bus transportation.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
It will only get worse in the future as petty criminals are using the media hype as excuse to attack trucks and take the goods.

I will say it again...a sealed border is the only solution for these two countries.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It will only get worse in the future as petty criminals are using the media hype as excuse to attack trucks and take the goods.

I will say it again...a sealed border is the only solution for these two countries.

I agree...the Great Wall of China comes to mind again.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Because as we can see the Dominicans really know how to run a country......

lol..lol thank you

For years now crazy Pichardo has been advocating a union of the two countries under dominican rule...where haitians will learn to speak spanish and so on...lol

I kidd you not....the man is as you guys say LOCO.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Real or not, we all know this place is quite a violent place to be. No one is standing on the Haitian border forcing random Haitians to come over. They know they are disliked and so come at their own risk. And as for dominican truckers refusing to travel into Haiti? Well, send hem over with armed security and return rock attacks with gunfire. These are the same people who mobbed and rocked aid flocking to assist them after the earthquake. Own worst enemy.

The whole relationship is old and never gets anywhere. You would think power people would see this and make the inevitable decision.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have deleted the videos posted by two members, this is the 2nd time for one of them.

I do not want to see them posted in the Haiti forum again. Comprende????

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Err... My links did not contain any video but links to where it was removed b/c this clip was a fake and a forum link where they discussed this clip being a fake on a Haitian forum. Just saying.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

The media war against the Dominican Republic, which has carried misinformation and continues to do so, has incited Haitians in Haiti to increased levels of violence. As a result, Dominican truckers transporting supplies to Haiti are refusing to travel there. They say they are assaulted with rocks and fear for their lives and their cargo. The truckers say that those who want the cargo will have to travel to the border to pick it up, as reported in Diario Libre. The newspaper adds that after the case of the murder of two elderly Dominicans in Neyba, allegedly by Haitians, several Haitians chose to leave the country voluntarily. They asked to spend the night with protection at the military command on the border because they could not find bus transportation.

I am not quite clear about this but this is an old conflict as Haitian truckers have asked for a long time that Dominicans be forced to offload at the border and use Haitian truckers to deliver in Haiti. There was an extra $100 fee introduced for Dominican truckers to continue delivering inside of Haiti.

At first I thought that the DR was just letting the public relations battle get ahead of them - since the Tribunal Court issue is only affecting 13000 and they are being given a path to citizenship.. but the reaction in Haiti is really amazing.. really virulent. front page news in the papers. And the murder and exiles from Neyba were not planned.. but all of this together helps make it easier for the DR - for the Haitians to not come over. I realized that the DR is not going to give any sort of publicity that makes it more attractive for Haitians.. that makes sense. And, I guess, for Haiti, if they can take people's minds off what is happening inside the country -- that will help.

But sure, Dominican truckers SHOULD be scared! because it is front page news in both the French papers - and certainly then on the radio and tv stations.. about how all the thousands and thousands of Haitian Dominicans have been stripped of citizenship.. about xenophobia, racism.. etc.. "if it bleeds, it leads"

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
I am not quite clear about this but this is an old conflict as Haitian truckers have asked for a long time that Dominicans be forced to offload at the border and use Haitian truckers to deliver in Haiti. There was an extra $100 fee introduced for Dominican truckers to continue delivering inside of Haiti.

At first I thought that the DR was just letting the public relations battle get ahead of them - since the Tribunal Court issue is only affecting 13000 and they are being given a path to citizenship.. but the reaction in Haiti is really amazing.. really virulent. front page news in the papers. And the murder and exiles from Neyba were not planned.. but all of this together helps make it easier for the DR - for the Haitians to not come over. I realized that the DR is not going to give any sort of publicity that makes it more attractive for Haitians.. that makes sense. And, I guess, for Haiti, if they can take people's minds off what is happening inside the country -- that will help.

But sure, Dominican truckers SHOULD be scared! because it is front page news in both the French papers - and certainly then on the radio and tv stations.. about how all the thousands and thousands of Haitian Dominicans have been stripped of citizenship.. about xenophobia, racism.. etc.. "if it bleeds, it leads"

Maybe you will soon be seeing French Foreign Legion in Haiti?

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Real or not, we all know this place is quite a violent place to be. No one is standing on the Haitian border forcing random Haitians to come over. They know they are disliked and so come at their own risk. And as for dominican truckers refusing to travel into Haiti? Well, send hem over with armed security and return rock attacks with gunfire. These are the same people who mobbed and rocked aid flocking to assist them after the earthquake. Own worst enemy.

The whole relationship is old and never gets anywhere. You would think power people would see this and make the inevitable decision.

lol..oh yeah send them into haiti with guns to shoot at haitians......that i would like to see.

how about them leaving their stuff at the border.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
lol..oh yeah send them into haiti with guns to shoot at haitians......that i would like to see.

how about them leaving their stuff at the border.

Do you think that would stop the mobbing? No! Doesn't matter who takes it over, they will be mobbed.

If you will mob aid workers who have given up their lives and family to come to your assistance then nothing is sacred.