Transportation for a family of 4 (2 adults with 2 kids)

dashelter

Sep 1, 2013
What would be the most affordable and reliable private transfer company we could use to drive us from Santiago to La Romana and then from La Romana to Santo Domingo?

Please advise and many thanks.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
There will be van taxis making the line when you get off the suitcase claim area, the STI local taxi union has reliable drivers that you can trust, just make sure to confirm the fee before you leave the facility.

I used to recommend drivers but after so many years in the US I lost my contacts, "Hillbilly" might know someone with a minivan that he can recommend.

Good luck!

JJ

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
That is a long haul. You are probably looking at $200 usd one way. Good luck.

LTSteve

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I think is lot more, I was charging $180. back in 2006.

JJ

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The cheapest reliable way to go would be by commuter bus. Take the Metro or Caribe Tours to Santo Domingo. Then a taxi to the La Romana bus stop. There are busses leaving both points almost on the hour. To return from La Romana to Santo Domingo take the bus to Santo Domingo.

Rosario taxi has long been a dr1 advertiser and have seen no complaints for his service.
Ask him for rates.

DSRR Bus Rental info Rosario - Tours & Excursions - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

dashelter

Sep 1, 2013
The cheapest reliable way to go would be by commuter bus. Take the Metro or Caribe Tours to Santo Domingo. Then a taxi to the La Romana bus stop. There are busses leaving both points almost on the hour. To return from La Romana to Santo Domingo take the bus to Santo Domingo.

Rosario taxi has long been a dr1 advertiser and have seen no complaints for his service.
Ask him for rates.

DSRR Bus Rental info Rosario - Tours & Excursions - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

Bus makes no sense. We won't mind paying for a good, reliable and affordable private transfer.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Agreed with you, on vacation time I don't want to bargain for my transportation especially in a foreign country.

Use the company Dolores suggested, I'm a former transporter in the DR and I can endorse as a "five stars " this Company.

Transporting tourist in the DR has as many requirements as we have here in the US for operating a taxi business.

I have had to deal with all theses legal and safety procedures in both countries!

JJ

dashelter

Sep 1, 2013
Agreed with you, on vacation time I don't want to bargain for my transportation especially in a foreign country.

Use the company Dolores suggested, I'm a former transporter in the DR and I can endorse as a "five stars " this Company.

Transporting tourist in the DR has as many requirements as we have here in the US for operating a taxi business.

I have had to deal with all theses legal and safety procedures in both countries!

JJ

How is Coco Tours?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Coco tours is a good company with many years in service. My advice is to arrange your transportation with a local company of Santiago and on your way back to the airport use another one posted in LA Romans. Coco Tours doesn't have office in Santiago.

I would recommended Jimenez SA. I don't have the contact info but can help if you need.

JJ

dashelter

Sep 1, 2013
Coco tours is a good company with many years in service. My advice is to arrange your transportation with a local company of Santiago and on your way back to the airport use another one posted in LA Romans. Coco Tours doesn't have office in Santiago.

I would recommended Jimenez SA. I don't have the contact info but can help if you need.

JJ

What would be a local, reliable, private transfer company in Santiago to take us to Dreams La Romana in Bayahibe? We will have luggages with us too (the 4 of us). From Dreams La Romana, we will not be going to the airport in Santo Domingo, as we will be spending more time in Santo Domingo. We will be heading to a hotel in Santo Domingo.

Let me know and thanks.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Send an Email to Joselito, he is the most responsible tourist driver I ever met in DR, he is a member of North coast tourist transporter, he is located no too far from Santiago...
Email teodorosantospop@yahoo.com
Cellphone 829-873-1606

Tell him Mr. Rojas from "Paradise Transportation" recommended him, I used to subcontract his services.

JJ

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Why are you not flying into SD. For the difference in airline cost you are doing this the hard way going into Santiago.

LTSteve

dashelter

Sep 1, 2013
Send an Email to Joselito, he is the most responsible tourist driver I ever met in DR, he is a member of North coast tourist transporter, he is located no too far from Santiago...
Email teodorosantospop@yahoo.com
Cellphone 829-873-1606

Tell him Mr. Rojas from "Paradise Transportation" recommended him, I used to subcontract his services.

JJ

Joselito does not speak/write English.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I just sent you an email with complete itinerary and transportation needed. Also, what type of vehicle will be used?
Let us know.
I did replay to your Email but have an error message, not sure if my message went thru..

There is something I don't understand, why are you going to met at the Caribe tours bus station?

If you are arriving on a Bus from somewhere else in the DR why don't just get off at the SD terminal enstead of Santiago...will be the closer and cheaper way for you to get to La Romana...

Driver information:
Taxicab # 27 Lider radio dispachter Santiago DR.

josegarcia2756@hotmail.com

Jose Garc.# cel. Claro---809-223-7027
Jose Garc. # Tel. tricom--809-340-0761

JJ

dashelter

Sep 1, 2013
I did replay to your Email but have an error message, not sure if my message went thru..

There is something I don't understand, why are you going to met at the Caribe tours bus station?

If you are arriving on a Bus from somewhere else in the DR why don't just get off at the SD terminal enstead of Santiago...will be the closer and cheaper way for you to get to La Romana...

Driver information:
Taxicab # 27 Lider radio dispachter Santiago DR.

josegarcia2756@hotmail.com

Jose Garc.# cel. Claro---809-223-7027
Jose Garc. # Tel. tricom--809-340-0761

JJ

Is this the same guy who does not speak english or a different one?

I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids. Just wanted to break down the trip. But we can certainly get off at the SD Caribe Bus Terminal.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This is turning into a Marx Brothers skit.
Tell Bachata exactly when you need transportation, and he will get you an accurate price quote and safe driver.

I used his services many times as well as several referrals for VIP clients.
JJ is the only chofer I trust, even in North Carolina, to book my RD transfers.

Tambo'

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Is this the same guy who does not speak english or a different one?

I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids. Just wanted to break down the trip. But we can certainly get off at the SD Caribe Bus Terminal.

I am kind of confuse, you said you just want to break down the trip? I thought you was landing at STI, if you are able to take a Caribe Tours bus that will take you to SD you are much better doing so, from there you can take another bus to La Romana or one of the Taxi at the bus terminal.

No, Jose speak English as a second lenguage... He is a English teacher at a public school of Santiago and drive his taxi on the side.

JJ