Need help with pet rat. Where to find.

Alexs

Dec 5, 2013
Please help my lovely daughter to find her friend. She loves rats, we had two of them at home but all airlines do not allowed to take rodents on board. So we tried to find rat here in Dominican but no success. Please give any information where we can find pet rat.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Pet shop maybe?
Where are you? I know almost all pet shops I go into in santo domingo have guinea pigs, rabbits, gerbils, mice and rats.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
We have a whole bunch of rats running around our restaurant. Simply stop by and take your pick. Some of them work back in the kitchen.

Frank

Aug 6, 2006
Are all rats likely to make good pet rats. or is some particular subspecies of rat a better choice? I would think a spotted or white rat might be better, because black and gray ones could be mistaken for street rats and get stomped. The few people I know that are ratpals (two families, to be exact) owned white rats for that reason. Of course, the red beady eyes would take getting used to for some people.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Please help my lovely daughter to find her friend. She loves rats, we had two of them at home but all airlines do not allowed to take rodents on board. So we tried to find rat here in Dominican but no success. Please give any information where we can find pet rat.

Sounds like a clash of cultures.
Dominicans likely would not understand why someone has a pet rat.
If the maid sees it she'll kill it, after putting too much bleach in the laundry.
There are tarantulas and snakes available in the DR, or you could befriend a rat and domesticate it.
Time for your lovely daughter to find better friends, a dominican boy to learn spanish?.:classic:

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Pedro clisante...

About 7 years ago after serious flooding in Sosua I was walking home past Eddys, most of the water had drained but it was still up to my knee on the corner where it always gathers. I saw what I thought was a dead otter or cathalf in the water half out, as I walked over I realised it wasn't a cat, but was far to big to be a rat, I had to get right up close to see it was indeed a rat and not an otter. I swear it was the size of my lower leg, to this day I have never seen a rat or any rodent the size of this super Sosua rat. Not all rats in Sosua ride moto conches.

Ok ok, so you had to be there, but it was impressive!

As for the little girl, a size zero wahwah is about the size of a medium sized rat, would that not do?

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
This reminds me of my father [the joker] he was working in the hospital as an engineer and when he looked out the window he seen two interns outside chasing down a rat to kill it. He quickly walked outside and said Wilber here Wilber and asked the inters if they had seen his pet rat as he just let him out for a few minuets ago.

localhistorybuff

Aug 6, 2013
Hehe, good one Mart1n! That movie - the original - was a classic. Alexs, what happened to the pet rats you had at "home"? Are they disposable when not needed?

Alexs

Dec 5, 2013
Hi everybody. Thanks for the comments I really appreciate them. Yesterday we have found two charming baby rats in Santiago. My daughters are so happy. Today we are going to PP to find a cage and other things. Later I'll post the picture of this creatures.
And again thanks everybody for care and fun.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Smart", if you had looked under the surface of the water, you would have realized what you thought was a "Huge Rat", was actually nothing more than "Eddy's HUGE PENIS"!!!!!!
"Eddy" often takes a "Siesta" in the gutter on his way home from "WORK" around 2 or 3 am!
The rain must not have woken him up, that's all!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I once went out for a few "Cocktails" with Eddy.
That was about 10 years ago,...."I'm STILL Puking"!!!

"Alexs", are you the "Alexs" who is "Herman Munster's" twin brother??????