Farmers' Markets and Maids in Sosua

HarryLB13

Feb 21, 2012
For someone living long-term near or in Sosua, are there farmers' markets that offer
a good selection of quality fruits and vegetables?

Do any of you have experience with using a maid for part time cleaning, cooking and shopping?

Thanks
Harry

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you may take some flak for your question.

nothing BUT fresh produce.... it might even drive by your door to offer you same.

The supermarkets are one source of produce but the variety of small stands will astound you.

Maids?
a good connection to get you somebody reliable and trustworthy.
use your network for a reference

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Maids?
a good connection to get you somebody reliable and trustworthy.
use your network for a reference

There are plenty of women looking for work as maids. But as William Webster said, you should get help in finding one that is a good worker and trustworthy.

If you have friends/acquaintances that have maids, talk with them. If any of them have a part time, even better. Maybe you can use the same person.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
100 rd for a lechosa, it might be some secret code.....

May 29, 2006
Listen for the loud speakers coming off of truck, usually early in the morning. Sometimes just one thing like Aguacate, and sometimes a truck with "everything":

1933_1090675704615_9155_n.jpg

Prices and quality are hit or miss. I find the basil to be an esp good deal and then you make your own pesto for under a buck a pound. Mushrooms, red onions? Not so much. Carrots tend to be huge and flavorless, what we call in the restaurant business as "horse carrots."

Last edited:

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Prices and quality are hit or miss. I find the basil to be an esp good deal and then you make your own pesto for under a buck a pound. "

Well, only if you find another truck selling very cheap pine nuts, olive oil and parmegiano!!

Im on Grayfroo right now (thats Grapefruit to the uninitiated!)
Cheap, sweet and juicy as hell....they are one of my favorite fruits here.
But dont hang around, i would say that they are really only in season for a month

May 29, 2006
A while back, but I hear the Playero is still there.. From what I see on YouTube of PC at night, I'm not exactly in a hurry to come back anytime soon.