New Dominican Tourism Campaign

Vote for all the new tourism campaigns that you like:

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
These are the new tourism campaigns that will be aired in various markets.

Due to the one-video-per-post limit, what should be one post with all the videos is extended into five posts. I suggest no one to comment until the last video post is in place.

Once you watch all the campaigns, vote for your favorite ones.

In addition, here are a few questions you might want to answer:

What do you like of the new campaigns?

What do you dislike of the new campaigns?

Do you think this new strategy will be successful?

-------------------------
SANTO DOMINGO
[video=youtube;8Z4o1W5IKG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4o1W5IKG0[/video]

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
PUNTA CANA
[video=youtube;aulWsygrDmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aulWsygrDmM[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
LA ROMANA
[video=youtube;-Wsa2RAv13s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wsa2RAv13s[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
PUERTO PLATA
[video=youtube;IxUA-0zhHyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxUA-0zhHyk[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
SAMAN?
[video=youtube;oWlwxZLQnVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWlwxZLQnVU[/video]

Aug 6, 2006
Perhaps not "ALL".

If you want to ski in July, perhaps Argentina & Chile might have more at Nahuel Huapi and Torres del Paine.
And Australia has a wider variety of marsupials.

But these are really appealing ads.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Nals - I am a bit surprised that La Romana really shows "Casa De Campo " . They are miles apart in many ways !

Olly and the Team

canned oj

Oct 24, 2013
High quality production. Music scores could be more catchy. Takes to long to say where it is and doesn't involve viewer eg: Imagine your self there, it's closer than you think etc. The Uruguay adds I see are more involving and their in Spanish Yo phrase.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Lol shouldn't the one about la Romana be named "Casa de Campo" has it all, since there's not a single shot about La Romona itself in the whole video.

Aug 6, 2006
I agree, the city of La Romana is not in any of the shots.

These are very appealing ads, but they do not actually look much like the DR to me. Nor do the appeal to me, but I am sure that they will be useful in luring the sort of tourists they are designed to appeal to.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Technically 100% of Casa de Campo is within the city limits, so it is La Romana even if its off limits to 99.99999% of the people. Most tourists that vacation in "La Romana" don't even sleep within the La Romana province, much less the city limits itself.

Anyway, they should had dropped the "La" in order to be more accurate about what part of La Romana they showed, because there is a marked difference when people mention La Romana vs simply Romana. Such a small difference and yet, it makes all the difference. lol

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The "park/gardens" is the Japanese garden within the Botanical Garden of SD.

May 29, 2006
Glad they didn't clutter up the ads with any Dominicans... Just make sure to stay on the grounds of the AIs and stick to the boxed tours. I can just see someone going for the first time and then saying "Hey, what's with all the Spanish?"

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Glad they didn't clutter up the ads with any Dominicans... Just make sure to stay on the grounds of the AIs and stick to the boxed tours. I can just see someone going for the first time and then saying "Hey, what's with all the Spanish?"
The shocker is that there are Dominicans in those ads, some are even quite well known (well, maybe not to you).

Take the La Romana ad as a perfect example. One of the Dominicans in that video is, well, lets see if you can figure it out:

[video=youtube;XJassZzemto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJassZzemto[/video]

:rolleyes:

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I'm not sure that 32 seconds tells anyone anything.Maybe these are just pilot ads?

Who comes up with those meaningless slogans?

It's like:
'Yes we Can!' .................................... yes we can what?
'Change we can believe in!'.......................Good or bad? Change from what?
'Puerto Plata has it!'............................Has What? Dengue or POLITUR maybe?

'DR has it All!'...................................... Some of it not so welcome methinks.

As far as the campaign;
My Teacher would have written "Could do better".

(They should see the CNN aired ads for Egypt after the temple attacks and hideous negative publicity.
They were so good I wanted to visit, in spite of the danger.)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I'm not sure that 32 seconds tells anyone anything.Maybe these are just pilot ads?

Who comes up with those meaningless slogans?

It's like:
'Yes we Can!' .................................... yes we can what?
'Change we can believe in!'.......................Good or bad? Change from what?
'Puerto Plata has it!'............................Has What? Dengue or POLITUR maybe?

'DR has it All!'...................................... Some of it not so welcome methinks.

As far as the campaign;
My Teacher would have written "Could do better".

(They should see the CNN aired ads for Egypt after the temple attacks and hideous negative publicity.
They were so good I wanted to visit, in spite of the danger.)

"yes we can" is particularly mindless. the least they could have done is to be original, rather than copying a campaign slogan from the Obama team. why do guys here copy so much? whatever happened to the idea of one's own idea?

my teacher would have written;

'needs to try harder".