another edenorte rant

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Hi all.

After installing 8 batteries for the inverser and a new stabiliser thingy of 10 k, my consumption jumped from 200 kw to 600kw !!!
Any ideas?? I dont think the maths adds up.

People say the last bills of the years are always "fixed" by edenorte to pay double salaries in december. Any input on that?

What is ure monthly consumption?
I know there has been lots of threads on this topic so sorry.

Info. We only get 4 to 6 hours luz a day.
Swimming pool pump 2 hours/day.
Water pump 1 hour/day
Fridge/freezer 1kw ( estimate, cos us fridge doesnt give w only A 11 I think and I m not sure of my formula )
Iron 10 hours a month ( the good ones, pressure thing)
Tv flat screen/dvd/s6rround speaker stuff say 2 or 3 hours/day

No computers ( we use tablets now), no fans used, no a/c, gas for cooking. Never use water heater ( or once a month maybe).
Nrj saving light bulbs.

I ve phoned main office in POP and they are sending technicians out to my campo to check meter and my appliances. I ve checked my meter, people are connected illegaly but BEFORE cables run jnto my counter.
So any in put would be appreciated, especially how many kw 8 batteeies can run up.

Thank u all.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have 3.5 inversor ad 8 batteries. normal stuff connected: no AC, no pool, just basics like fridge, computer, lights. 10 hours blackouts every day, sometimes more. we consume from 300 to 350 kWh a month.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
New batteries should use less power (less is wasted in heat).

It could be that the voltage regulator is bad (stabilizer).

Check your meter every day.
Turn everything off including the inverter when power is on and see if the meter still shows power being consumed.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Well, your doing the Ednorte thingy by the book..Don't be surprised if 7 people show up as I had..my bill was 40,000 in 3 Months time out of nowhere when it was always at the most, 1,500 per Month.,..turned out that my meter was burnt, but even after they changed it, still had an issue but a lot less...overall, they suspected that the landlord was stealing from us and asked them about it which left me looking for another apartment...guess they didn't like being accused, they should really try paying their own damn way, certainly believe they were hooked!

so, see what happens after their testing and be sure to keep them coming to yourself!!! never know if somebody is on your end or not, but they will find it if so...if you need help fighting your high bills after they check etc, pm me, I will send you a very good contact at the Edenorte Corporate Headquarters in SD....

Ant

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I'm reading 4-6 hours of electricity and 10 hour blackouts every day. Finally I found one reason why living in the capital is better. Yesterday we have a two hour blackout and I was surprised, it has been weeks without any blackout.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Lucky you, last year I had no batteries, got a flashlight grafted to my forehead ( solar and dynamic thankfully).
110v arrives at 80v, 220 arrives at 140. If u dont have a stabiliser u burn out all ure appliances.

Truth is with an inverser and batteries, life is nearly normal. Except 220 stuff dosent run on it ( all ure big stuff like pumps and pools ).

By the way water supply is the same ( or worse ). So u need cistern, pump, tinacoa. Oh and roads have mortar and bomb holes all over the place.

But all in all I wouldnt live in the city, give me campo anyday. I m off to feed chickens and weed vegetable patch.....