Perspex or Plexiglass

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
Does anyone know where it is possible to buy perspex/plexiglass on the north coast please :ermm:

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I started a thread on this about 5 years ago, still nowhere to the best of my knowedge, bear in mind the heat perspex creates, ventalation as well. You may be better off with mosquitto screen in a wooden frame. Sorry if I've misunderstood your use for the perspex.

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
I started a thread on this about 5 years ago, still nowhere to the best of my knowedge, bear in mind the heat perspex creates, ventalation as well. You may be better off with mosquitto screen in a wooden frame. Sorry if I've misunderstood your use for the perspex.

Yes it appears to be in very short supply!
The point is I want something to keep water out but flexible when a dog/child runs into it, the heat is not a problem as it will be outside in front of doors that lead from bedroom out to the patio. Perspex would be perfect if only I could find some :-(

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Where are you located??? Have you tried the yellow pages for an Americana Store? The Electrical Ferrfature, something like that should have them too...Also Carrefour

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
I'm near Cabarete and have been told I may get some at Ochoa in Santiago, I was just hoping there may be somewhere local where I could get some.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Nothing on the North Coast, I just went through all of this and Santiago is your closest choice.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I purchased Plexiglass at Ochoa, in Santiago. The store is across the street from the main/original (?) store.
They had many thicknesses and cut to size.