Xmas tree purchase?

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
As usual Xmas trees here are terribly expensive, has anyone discovered a reasonable store or market?

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
La Sirena....I wish someone sold real Christmas Trees here on the North Coast. I think that with the amount of foreigners that live here that it could be a lucrative business. I am surprised that nobody has done this in the Constanza/Jarabacoa area and shipped them up here for Christmas. Out of interest, if they were available and if the price was not ridiculously high, how many of you would purchase one? I certainly would as my kids are Dominican's and have never had a real tree...I miss that smell of the tree!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
All sorts of paperwork and permits are required to cut a tree in DR, I don't think you'll find a "real" Christmas tree for sale there.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I use a Norfolk pine.... bought at a vivero.

Actually, it was the owner's tree for years
I liked it because it had the experience and they assured me it wasn't afraid of the lights.

Just brought it in the house yesterday.... its about foot or foot and a half taller this year.

I am considering the pre-/post Christmas sale at Lowe's or Home depot on one of those pre-fab and pre-lit trees.
They come up to 12 ft tall..... a few hundred before the sale.
Quality is much better these days - hard to tell from real.......... if you stand back far enough

Pre-Lit Christmas Trees - Artificial Christmas Trees - Christmas Trees - Holiday Decorations - Decor*at The Home Depot

Same old refrain..... buy w/ free shipping and ship to mudanza..... POOF ! new tree

they come broken down in a box - not too big and the LED's use very little power

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Bought a cheap one a la sirena, like 1000rd ( 1month and half ago seen they have gone up now ). 1m80 cm more or less, loooks real good with tinsel, lights and decorations......

tcast305

Jul 17, 2009
Bought mine xmas tree from la sirena, around 2000 pesos, they had a 25% off everything xmas over a month ago, and its 7 foot tall.

Thanks.