Computer geek!!??

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hello,

Need some help...I'm very good with Computers, but this has me by my condollies..I'm a movie buff, so I stream all of the time, basically to one site being Veetle: Connecting your World with Live Video which is a sister site of Justin TV and Justin plays fine..

The problem is, the movies are now buffering forever, and when they do pop in, there they go again just a few seconds later..I have CCleaner, I have defraged many times, cleaned disc, even use Powersuit which is a total Computer enhancement program and includes driver updates etc..I also have tried Chome which I hate, damn this still does not play..Now, My system is an HP Pentium 4 professional media, have IE8 and Firefox which I use Firefox as recommended by the site. I have also downloaded its own player and their tools for cleaning too, nothing is getting this to play well at all and out of the blue....

Now, I have tested my speed, its definitely low since I'm suppose to get 2MbPS, seems I'm stuck around 1 1/2 or so, or lower at times, provider is Claro of course, crooks of the DR..So I've been leaning on a speed issue since there IMO, is nothing more I can do to either free up space or to increase speed IE Chome/firefox combo and have looked over all programs to see what I can possibly delete via Control Panel..

All that said, what do you think?? And I also reloaded just about everything again just in case there was any corruption, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, even the player again. This is very annoying being its my only source of TV right now...Also, Youtube videos play fine, no drag whatsoever...And I use ad-blocker to cut down on any stolen speed..IMO, there is nothing more I can do, just wanted to bounce this off any true IT people or experts here..

Also scanned for any malware/viruses, nothing was found..

And I have checked for any updates via Microsoft.com all is up to date which I always use Custom so I can be sure I get everything that I may need, and I'm automated...

Thanks!

Ant

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
sigh, no idea either...has been fine for Months, just started acting up 2 days ago.I even kicked the time back on my system in case there was something that jammed it up, nothing has worked...my last thought is to call claro, see if they can reset my modem on their end and check my speed. Its a necessary call anyways, I'm not receiving my true 2 mbps, hopefully that there will solve the problem..

thanks for checking ;)

Ant

Works good for me, I do not know what your problem could be.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CLARO, if they act like they did with me, will tell you that you are too far from the central station to get 2 MBPS and will recommend you go to 1 MBPS since you are not able to get what you are currently paying for. If you ever got 2 MBPS, you will ask them what changed and they will not have a clue. Then you will either drop them or live with 1.5 MBPS.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Oh yea! its been on on going thing with them!!! If you don't check your speed from time to time, you would swear that they do this on purpose and I bet they do it to everyone! Pay for 2 mbps, test your speed and its all good for the first Month and than bam! you will find your only getting 1mbps...I tested it again about an hour ago and get this, ping at 13!!!! was below 1mbps!!! so now I am very sure the speed has been my issue..Now just waiting for them to open and hope they have the English service on board today...I was getting tired of searching movies on youtube, so I started a Steve Wilkos Marathon for myself..;) Next? maybe Maury..your not the father! oh joy!

Thanks Brother!

Anthony

CLARO, if they act like they did with me, will tell you that you are too far from the central station to get 2 MBPS and will recommend you go to 1 MBPS since you are not able to get what you are currently paying for. If you ever got 2 MBPS, you will ask them what changed and they will not have a clue. Then you will either drop them or live with 1.5 MBPS.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
My Results

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

gotta love it!! the BS story...We are having issues with our servers, but will send a tech to you in 2 days if it snot resloves by that time..anything else we can do for you Mr Anthony? Yes, drop dead...These boys suck! why on earth do they not have other providers to give these guys a beat down is beyond me..I would use Tricom if they services this area, seems like there is no hope here in pop for other providers..They all must be where the KFC is and malls along with the movie theater is

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
1MBPS should be no problem

are you actually downloading/saving the video or just watching, streamming.

I would rather download/save and watch later from my disk.

Your speed is not the problem... but ISP may control how fast they delivery packets, darta throught-put,

in other word ISP can put you on hold while they take care of other users...

in some more words, they dont like users who use too much data, video downloading or wathching is what use the most data,

one more, it is like driving in a super highway, but police stops YOUR car every so often.

the pc buffering should compensate for that, so you wont notice, but if the ISP put you on hold for too long, you run out of your data in the buffer

finally try using another pc. period.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I think youre probably trying to watch a HD video (720p or 1080p) on a P4 system. Just aint gonna happen. If its not a HD video then its probably just the fact that youre using an 8+ yr old system...

I was using a P4 system as my main pc up until about a year ago. You never realize how slow and outdated your PC is until you upgrade to something new...When you finally do upgrade youll realize P4 is horrible for anything having to do with video.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Thanks, thought this would have just died off already...It was the speed...I'm back up to 2MBPS which the only reason is because Calro's Daddy checked on them, ME!! Damn crooks!! its not the first time I caught them at a lower speed for what I pay....Also, I read the trouble shooting area of that site, stated that you must have at least 2MBPS in order to watch their programs..

Whelp, just another corrupt service in the DR that I will need to pay attention too..

Thanks for all of the replies :)

Anthony

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
For the sake of discussin,

If playing from 'Justin' site was ok for you and CLARO really did not re-adujst your throughput, but only your spped then

actually "Justin" was sending you a lower quailyt video once it detected your speed OR throuput was slower [with CLARO].

That was something the newer "sister" site was not doing, maybe not to compromise the opinion about their service [True HD video most likely] and rather make YOU fix the "problem", getting more speed.