Home for a Rottweiler

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have found a very nice male Rottweiler... not neutered.
Appears to be pure, very friendly, deep voice.

Has been taught to sit and shake a paw.
The dog does this whenever you approach - seeking your approval.

As I understand it, he was formerly a woman's dog... he's about 2 yrs old.
The woman has moved away and the father has him chained behind his little store.

I was first attracted to his good looks and then his personality kicks in ( like many of us - haha)

I know he was wormed last week after having a stomach disorder.

He's seems healthy - Dominican thin, but healthy.

Dog is in Cabrera.... owner has suggested 1000 pesos..... yet to be negotiated.

If I didn't already have 2 large dogs, I'd take him but mi esposa is not keen on another heavy weight.

My interest here is to get the dog off the chain to a good home.

I can get pix if there is serious interest but will need help posting them.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If I didn't already have a male rottie, I'd grab him. I ended up with the one I have because he doesn't like other males, so no chance.

You can e-mail me photos and I will post them for you

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
If i didn't already have a pet monkey to feed, a condo association that doesn't allow dogs, a job paying $2 an hour, derelict friends, unemployed wife, and a mistress to support, i would take her. I can always use another good looking female running around naked.

Frank

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
If i didn't already have a pet monkey to feed, a condo association that doesn't allow dogs, a job paying $2 an hour, derelict friends, unemployed wife, and a mistress to support, i would take her. I can always use another good looking female running around naked.

Frank

Are you talking about the dog or the owner Frank???? If it's the dog then I will have a large one of whatever you are drinking..... The dogs a male lol. :confused:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Arghhh just got a 5 month old male rlttie 2 days ago, I d been searchi g for quite some time.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
maybe contact Watson Homes real estate (Sosua)... they recently lost one of their rottweilers due to poisoning

BelgianK

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Here are some photos of the beautiful doggy, click on thumbnail to enlarge:

IMG_20131216_141420.jpgIMG_20131216_141441.jpgIMG_20131216_141509.jpgIMG_20131216_141512.jpg

mudmommy

Oct 14, 2010
He is Beautiful, I used to raise some rotties here,, ah the good ol times, our female had 2 litters first one had 18 pups second litter 22!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He seems to be a purebred to my eye..... good confirmation.

He was a pet..... now chained alone... he barks at me when I leave him.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
His nose is a tad long to be pur?, but he is a very handsome guy. If i dont take him he will have no probs finding a home for Xmas.

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
I dont suppose you know if he gets on well with other dogs? I am on the look out for fully grown one... would be a bit of a drive from SD though. I have a 9 year old but he is very timid.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
thisdog is not aggressive... I took my 2 females for a ' meet 'n greet' and all went well and these are not easy females.. strong willed.

I wouldn't worry..... might be worth the drive.

this boy is an exceptional specimen... soooo, friendly

could be a nice overnight on the north coast for you.....
a day trip is easy... its about 2 hrs once you get out of SD on the new toll road

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
very nice!! being a past breeder, i can tell you this dog looks quality for sure...has a very good stance although its just a side shot...head is difficult to see, but looks traditional to the German lined Rottie...and must be very good temperament if he allows another to approach and welcomes it to boot being that palyful muff as they are when they know you well..1,000 pesos is well worth any dog, this bud is a home run! and just to be chained out there for its life? has so much to offer any dedicated owner!! and of course you will be protected with its life!

I too, if had the room and/or means to care for him would take him..Overall, I wonder if the owner has any history of a tree for this guy....where are its parent's?? there should be some kind of papers somewhere along the line, no pun intended ..;)

all that said, guess I better get my act together and get my 3 puppies posted as well,,I was waiting on their eyes/ears to open, finally has just 3 days ago...No hijack, just saying....well, I wish you the best in rehoming this guy, anyone that takes him will be a very happy owner!!! and he seems like a great fit for anyone that always wanted a Rotti by the way his behavior has been explained...

Great job!!

Ant

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
Let me speak to the misses about it. Could be a nice trip on Sunday...

Just a little bit nervous about getting him without him meeting Enzo... he is getting a bit old - not sure if he would like the long journey