Looking for a job in Santo Domingo

DavidKramer

May 16, 2012
Hi Folks,

I've lived on and off the island for several years. I work in international development, fluent in English and French with good Spanish foundation (although I could use some refresher classes). I would love to find a job and settle down for good in the DR, but I've never been able to break through with my friends/contacts into an industry relevant to my skillset. I always end up taking a job overseas when my funds dry up.

Moreso than in the past, my priority now is finding a stable honest job in Santo Domingo, as opposed to one that should be completely in-line with my career path.

Anyone have any tips for foreigners looking to break through? Contacts, other forums, relevant websites?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey David,

The best deal for us gringos is usually Call Centers...The pay is very good compared to others, includes insurance in most cases via Humana. However, you would be a much better fit for a work at home job, which you can take it to th enext level and create your own business which you decide what clients to work with.

That said, those are 2 great options and I have a few Call Center connections. But again, I would do your own thing which you can use www.elance.com create your business profile, then go hunting for your rabbits...If you want contact numbers for some centers just PM me..

Anthony

Hi Folks,

I've lived on and off the island for several years. I work in international development, fluent in English and French with good Spanish foundation (although I could use some refresher classes). I would love to find a job and settle down for good in the DR, but I've never been able to break through with my friends/contacts into an industry relevant to my skillset. I always end up taking a job overseas when my funds dry up.

Moreso than in the past, my priority now is finding a stable honest job in Santo Domingo, as opposed to one that should be completely in-line with my career path.

Anyone have any tips for foreigners looking to break through? Contacts, other forums, relevant websites?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you,