I Don't Belieb it

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my favourite gossip site, dlisted, summed it up: Just give me his GPS coordinates and I'll retire him by hitting him with a bus.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I am totally embarrassed to say that he is from Canada, just like me. My apologies to you all. I don't know how this idiot fell through the cracks.

Aug 6, 2006
I do not believe that Canada is responsible for Justin Beiber. He is popular and rich because the people marketing him are very, very good at identifying a target audience and selling them records. Sometime people that lack the necessary talent to merit fame and fortune get it anyway: Pia Zadora, Sylvester Stallone, Adam Sandler, Andy Warhol, Glenn Beck. If you do not like Beiber, he is rather easy to ignore, and if he retires, it will be even easier to ignore him.

Let him fade into obscurity, like Pinky Lee and Snooky Lanson.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I do not believe that Canada is responsible for Justin Beiber. He is popular and rich because the people marketing him are very, very good at identifying a target audience and selling them records. Sometime people that lack the necessary talent to merit fame and fortune get it anyway: Pia Zadora, Sylvester Stallone, Adam Sandler, Andy Warhol, Glenn Beck. If you do not like Beiber, he is rather easy to ignore, and if he retires, it will be even easier to ignore him.

Let him fade into obscurity, like Pinky Lee and Snooky Lanson.

fantastic list, Xavier. great post.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
it finally happened

We found something we all agree on. The jerk has a lot more years to really screw up. People of his ilk have a talent for turning their lives into disasters. He will get his. Just be patient.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i want buffalo bill to kidnap him and keep in a well in the basement....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
actually he is, apparently, a musical genius who co-wrote public enemy's album and can play several instruments.

15 instruments, yes. and a graduate of culinary school. and Adelphi.

even though i am not a fanboy of his, at least he has bonafides.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Saundie must be very upset that his favorite "jazz" singer, Justin Bieber, is retiring.

Quick, Celtie, say something "witty."

Aug 6, 2006
Actually, I should have said "selling music and concert tickets". Records are pretty much extinct, I would not like anyone to think that I am unaware of this.

By the way, awful talent, with good management, can put on a concert capable of stimulating the hormones of teenage girls. And the same is true of male hormones. I can recall some very stirring acts I saw at the Teatro Blanquita in Mexico City, back in the day. Tongolele was just one of many vedettes that could excite 2000 Mexicanos by lipsyncing songs while gyrating on a bed.