The dream of some Haitians on display

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Apparently not only are some Haitians taking down Dominican flags and burning them (this has been going on for a very long time), but now they are starting to add a twist.

Watch this video uploaded today. Notice what flag was used to replace the Dominican flag on the flagpole.

[video=youtube;KJIYAJsoM6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJIYAJsoM6Q[/video]

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Interesting video.. I saw one a few weeks ago of Dominicans burning the Haitian flag.

I think that this is really a part of a campaign to have the Haitians self deport. If there are enough acts of random violence against them.. as in Neiba.. ok I know that in Neiba there was a Haitian accused of killing two Dominicans but then there was a mob that killed another one./. some say lynched, some say knifed.... and lots of the Haitians in the village self deported.

Plus, of course, there is the continuing outcry against the court decision instead of an effort of get the Haitians who have lived here registered.

So easy enough to burn a flag in the night... rouse up a mob.. get them to attack the local Haitian residents...

it is fire that is ready to be lit. that much is certain.

and, sadly, no matter how justified the Dominicans may be, they are going to be the ones who come off looking like bruts in the international press.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003

no, I had not seen it thanks for posting.. but that was my point ..

simply honestly cannot believe that there are any Haitians here who would burn the Dominican flag.. maybe they would do it in Haiti.. or in the US.. but not here.. they are too frightened to do that here.

But all those who are stirring this fire are really playing with .. well.. fire works.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
That's BS that man the "Alcalde" is not even a leader, he on his own not body else support his arguments or accusations...

Again BS and lies, I don't believe the story!

JJ

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
At nationalist stronghold Dominicans protest foreigners? ?meddling?

Santiago.- Dozens of people gathered Sunday in front of Santiago?s El Monumento to rebuke what they consider meddling in the country?s internal affairs by the Inter-American Human Rights Commission and other international organizations.

The demonstration was also to support the Constitutional Court ruling on Dominican citizenship and against some parts of the Government?s Plan to Regulate Undocumented Immigrants.

The protesters say the 18-month ban on repatriating undocumented aliens violates the Constitution, and vowed to file a challenge to that provision in the next few days.

The grassroots National Sovereignty Defense Network organized the activity that began 11am at the corner of El Sol Street and Francia Av., where the demonstrators and security arrested at least four Haitians and a Frenchman who infiltrated the event waving their country?s flag.

"FOUR HAITIANS CAME TO THIS ACTIVITY WAVING THE HAITIAN FLAG to provoke the Dominicans, security took them without abusing them, but we're going to show the invaders that this is our country and we are ready to defend it," the journalist and Network member Mar?a Elena Rodr?guez told the crowd.

Some of the protesters sang the song by the Cuban Carlos Puebla, called, "The OAS is a thing of laughter" in front of El Monumento, the country?s biggest nationalistic structure

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...nghold-Dominicans-protest-foreigners-meddling

Whether burning or waving the flag it shows Haitians intent.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
El pleito esta casado! I bet before (Feb 27 independence day) next Carnival celebration the Haitians will have to.... Que coger la sabana por un canto!!!

Se va a armar una Vaina!

JJ

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
mountainannie said:
Interesting video.. I saw one a few weeks ago of Dominicans burning the Haitian flag.
Yes, every time there are reports of Haitians burning Dominican flags, usually Dominicans “retaliate” by burning Haitian flags.

For example, this happened last week:

[video=youtube;Q8lkRKxzQU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8lkRKxzQU4[/video]

The title of the video says that they cursed the DR and burned the Dominican flag, but I don’t know about the first one because I don’t undersand Kreyol, but the burning of the Dominican flag doesn’t need translation.

Whatever happened in La Romana probably was as a consequence of the TC ruling (if it was done by Haitians) or as consequence of this (or another) Dominican flag burned by Haitians.

BTW, if anyone knows Kreyol, it would be nice if you can translate what they are saying, maybe not word for word, but at least the gist of the message.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
BTW, if anyone knows Kreyol, it would be nice if you can translate what they are saying, maybe not word for word, but at least the gist of the message.

Just the usual insults and words of hatred.

A true indication of how these two NATURAL enemies feel about each other.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
The more reason why the regularization plan must apply. Haitians need to be on their side and Dominicans on their side.

This is proof they cannot co exist. They will kill each other. If the gates were to open in it's entirety there would be a revolution.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
The more reason why the regularization plan must apply. Haitians need to be on their side and Dominicans on their side.

This is proof they cannot co exist. They will kill each other. If the gates were to open in it's entirety there would be a revolution.

regularization simply regularizes....you will still have haitians in your country.

Stop issuing entry Visas for godsake......and start deportations.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Gwozozo-- There are regular deportations... just not large enough to make the news but ongoing -- a few hundred here-- thirty there... but NGOs estimate that about half of the deportees come back illegally anba fil.. under the wire

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Gwozozo-- There are regular deportations... just not large enough to make the news but ongoing -- a few hundred here-- thirty there... but NGOs estimate that about half of the deportees come back illegally anba fil.. under the wire

Good...and i do understand that people will sneak in illegally.

But why are the issuing legal visas......that part DR can control.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Reprisals feared as Haitians steal gun from Army officer

Barahona, Dominican Republic.- Several Haitians stripped an Army 1st lieutenant of his service pistol at the Municipal District of Canoa, Vicente Noble (west).

Local media report that the officer Manuel Montilla Medina was stripped of a Luger 9mm pistol, and it’s the latest of several incidents that could lead to reprisals.

The attackers also took the lieutenant’s wallet with his documents.

The officer lives in the La Paz sector of the town Vicente Noble, where authorities started an investigation and seek several Haitians for questioning.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...s-Haitians-steal-gun-from-Army-officer-report