Sosua News On The Good Life In Sosua & Cabarete

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

According to Kathleen Peddicord, a journalist working for the U.S. News and World Report, Sos?a and Cabarete are in second place in the world as a suitable place to live for retirees. First place is for Coronado Beach, located in Panama. In her article from 9 December she praises the beautiful beaches, subtropical climate with the always present cooling breezes in Sos?a and Cabarete. She also praises the rich and abundant vegetation and the proper infrastructure. The large choice of restaurants and affordable wages for a gardener, security guard and help in the household.

For older people who need some help is a godsend. For very affordable prices, one can build or buy in both resorts close the beach, supermarket, modern hospital, dental and other amenities a beautiful villa with swimming pool, or to your liking. The various reliable Real Estate companies including Hispaniola Beach & Residencial, Coldwell Bankers, BuyDR Property, Century 21 and Las Ca?as, offer for almost every budget a very nice place to live.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes, the infrastructure is one of the best in the world with very few power outages. Well lit superhighways with no potholes connect expats to adjoining beach resort towns with lush vegetation adorning the perimeters.

This was posted a few weeks ago, someone is getting senile!

www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/139486-cabarete-sosua-among-worlds-best-retirement-beaches.html

money.usnews.com/money/blogs/On-Retirement/2013/12/09/the-worlds-5-best-beach-cities-for-retirement

Last edited:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Its time for the roving cut and paster to tune up his b.s. detector. Everyone knows its all true about Sosua, but Cabarete?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can't speak for the rest of you..... but I interview constantly for good caregivers/nurses who will be willing and able to look after me in my old age.

Honestly, you can't start too early.... a stroke could hit at any minute.

CCCCCologne has a myriad of cast-offs...........

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
There's no way I could live as well I do back in Europe or the US on what I spend here in the DR per month so I would tend to agree.
I miss adventure and cultural stimulation here but that probably saves me money too.I don't give a hoot about a few potholes or power outages or crazy motoconchos. That's par for the course for living here in the warm.

Does anyone have first-hand info about the Panama deal?
Sounds interesting.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
have a friend who moved here 2 years ago from Panama...he was a banker there....they go back 2 times a year....mainly
to get their fill of more of a big city life where there are shopping malls, resteraunts, movie theatres however they like it
better here.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
have a friend who moved here 2 years ago from Panama...he was a banker there....they go back 2 times a year....mainly
to get their fill of more of a big city life where there are shopping malls, resteraunts, movie theatres however they like it
better here.

Where are they living?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
What a propaganda.
I rode a motorcycle from Sosua to Montellano and Cabarete, as usual there is no shortage of potholes and bad tarmac in and out of town.

Aha. you fell into the trap!
It's all about the quality of the potholes......