Wifi and cable TV Recommendation in Bavaro

spmanger

Aug 7, 2013
Hi, our condo is in the Los Corales area, can anyone recommend which company to go with for Wifi and cable
TV connections (looking to view the US main networks, no HBO, SHO, etc). Or shall we try a
small satellite dish. I want to be able to turn the service off during the times I may not need it. I know there is generally a fee for re-activation. That's ok.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I would recommend first checking with your neighbours or administration to see which companies offer services there. Ex. I live in a large gated residential area. However, my building is not properly cabled for cable tv and the owner isn't interested in fixing that so I ended up with a Claro TV dish. Since I'm here full-time it's not a problem but in your case as far as I know Claro does not offer to suspend service.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, our condo is in the Los Corales area, can anyone recommend which company to go with for Wifi and cable
TV connections (looking to view the US main networks, no HBO, SHO, etc). Or shall we try a
small satellite dish. I want to be able to turn the service off during the times I may not need it. I know there is generally a fee for re-activation. That's ok.

~We use Silver Cable, however we leave it on year round so I am not aware of reactivation costs if you elect to disconnect while you are away.....runs about $33US per month

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
We have Silver Cable - however lost NBC and CBS two weeks ago - reason unknown. Internet through Claro phoneline.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
If you go with a satellite dish, such as, Sky in the DR you do not have the option to suspend service for 6 months while you may not be in the country. You have to pay for the service regardless if you are there or not. Sky has HBO and good number of English speaking channels, along with sports options. Cost is approximatley $40-55usd per month depending on what package you choose.

LTSTeve

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro TV working from a phone line internet connection has NBC, ABC, and CBS on basic plan. Also a lot more. Works well also as long as your connection is good. But your place must be wired for this.